Author Topic: dizzya  (Read 495 times)

theres2inthere?crystal

dizzya
« on: August 23, 2011, 11:02:31 pm »
Anyone else dizzy from the time u stand up till the time u sit down? I actually have to walk hunched over so I don't pass out! I'm 12 weeks prego with twins and dr recently put me on iron pills but not working! I have 3 kids already and never had this horrible.. "I'm not in control of myself feeling" :(

TiffanyNicoleB

Re: dizzya
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 12:28:19 am »
Yes.. I actually hit the ground the other day.. out! Almost knocked myself out on the bathtub the day after. Get up slowly and if you feel the dizzyness coming on strong then I urge you to quickly find a place to sit. It is a new and common side effect of the second trimester.

TiffanyNicoleB

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 12:41:48 am »
You should read up on it so you don't worry yourself. :) maybe go buy What to expect when you're expecting OR THE PREGNANT BODY BOOK.

KBar3

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 12:46:25 am »
I have this problem horribly...more than likely its whats called orthostatic hypovolemia, which is just fancy for "head rush".  Theoretically what happens when you are sitting is your body works harder to pump blood to your legs and so your vessels dilate.  Then when you stand uo, blood rushes down to fill the vessels, unfortunately draining it from your head.  Staying well hydrated a "dangling" as its called before standing up should help a lot.  Sit on the side of bed or couch and try to lean back just a little for about a minute and get up slowly.  It prob wont stop completely, but should keep you from going down.  If the dizziness is constant however and doesnt go away it is prob something diff and possibly related to your bp so if thats the case nake sure to contact your ob.
Sorry so long winded!

melissajh

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 12:46:49 am »
I had been getting dizzy a couple weeks ago :-/ could be dehydration....

TiffanyNicoleB

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 12:56:21 am »
I'm telling you its a common symptom. Just annoying our blood is going to the baby. Along with lots of other factors that I'm too tired to type because I'm exhausted. I'm sure Fergie will explain it.. she's usually patient and will get you all the info you need. :)

TiffanyNicoleB

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 01:04:13 am »
Actually .. download the free What to expect app and look at week 13.. it will explain it.. its.completely normal due to blood flow, not dehydration.

theres2inthere?crystal

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 08:31:20 am »
Thank u all.it's been since I was about seven weeks pregnant. And its not headrysh... it doesn't go away till I lay back down ... idk going to call Dr again I think.

Fergie_mama

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 10:20:14 am »
I actually have the same problem but I assumed for me it was blood sugar. I'll look into  ot when I get home to my books. I started at my sil's house and now we're off to do fine farm work before it gets too hot.
Mother of two girls, due Feb 10