Author Topic: Any mommies in the east cost ? Hope the earthquake didn't harm anyone  (Read 771 times)

Chula

Hey guys family members told me of the eq and I just pray that any of you near that area are safe .

AFmommie

I am in NC & most of my coworkers felt it, but I missed the tremor! :( but I have a rental property in Md, about 30 min from the eq. Hoping that house didn't take too much damage! Still waiting on the dreaded email from the property manager! Lol

cowgirl momma

My couin in DC felt it, guess colorado got hit too but i was rather oblivious. Reckon it didnt make it all the way to where i am.

jacquelinemarie

Jeez my father felt it in NJ/PA, how huge was it?! I thought I was dodging the bullet by moving from Los Angeles to Texas, I guess it could happen anywhere.

Mina_me

Im in ga and my cousin is in maryland...im prayn for everyone

brittanyerin

Im up here in NJ & we definitely felt it! Really scary, never expected it to happen on East Coast. First one & it really freaked me out but so glad everyone I know is ok! 

Fergie_mama

It was a 5.8. No one was killed but apparently a few were injured and little property damage. It's possible the news has changed but I checked 3 sources today.
Mother of two girls, due Feb 10

ankkagoussen

I have an aunt n uncle in NYC n they told me it wasn't as bad as they made it  look, but people it there don't experience eq so they got panicked more then anything, cuz they didn't know what to do. It really wasn't that bad. One of my best friends who's a DJ for Sirius XM radio was at work, in Manhatten n the radio  station is at the 30th something floor, he told me he didn't feel anything. Makes u think about Japan more compassionately!

HameedsWife

Im in PA & I honestly had no clue there was an earthquake until I called my cellphone service provider to figure out why i had no service lol. When i thought about it i remembered feeling a slight tremor while on the train but nothing major to me. I guess i was just so wrapped up in my own little world that i hardly noticed :)

iAngelbaby2

I live in MD.. I was getting a pedi while it was happening.. it was def. scary to experience, but everything is fine.

TiffanyNicoleB

Re: Any mommies in the east cost ? Hope the earthquake didn't harm anyone
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 07:37:36 pm »
That's like us California people getting a tornado.. we would make a mouse sound like a lion. I'm glad everything was ok and hope the possible tremors or following quake don't hit hard! The building's out there aren't built for quakes so it handles differently there.

ankkagoussen

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 08:15:45 pm »
Ur so right tiffany. I'm from cali too, but still it was only 5.8 in NYC, they were not at the epicenter...

TiffanyNicoleB

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 08:22:08 pm »
Yeah.. building wise, any EQ out in that area is unsafe. They have different regulations.

shiffletts0908

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 09:06:08 pm »
I live just south if Baltimore, MD. Scared the crap out of me and apparently my little one too.....s/he was living like crazy. Glad everyone is ok, but I'd rather not do that again.

miamom

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 09:37:34 pm »
I know it sounds crazy, but I'm in the midwest & the news said that one of the high rise apts downtown actually swayed at the top & people felt it when the earthquake hit....weird to me....

TiffanyNicoleB

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 09:58:20 pm »
The buildings here in California are on rollers.. so they sway on purpose so the friction doesn't make them collapse during an eq.. could be what made the other building do that.. If so then that's a GOOD thing lol... oh and back there some tall buildings are on rollers because of wind anyways,so that's probably it. Hope that answers your thoughts.. a lot of the reports back east are getting.made fun of on air by their western anchor friends :)

ankkagoussen

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 10:19:09 pm »
Ok, I know an eq can feel scary, I went through my share, 2 of them over 7richter with replicas almost 7 that devastated cities, collapsed buildings build exactly like the ones in NY, I'm just saying, ifno one ever tells u hire to react, what to do if an eq hits, u will panic like hell n then the impression over what happened is going to be worse than what it was. Just saying.... We always need to prepare ourselves for natural calamities, always, n US has a big flaw when it comes to this. Other countries have regular exercises where everyone needs to participate, they teach in schools how to preapare for natural disasters or war....here they wait until s@#t hits the fan to act upon it. It the damn truth! Ok, I got it out of my chest! Sorry for those who got scared, but remembe it can always b worse: JAPAN!

TiffanyNicoleB

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 10:24:16 pm »
Agreed.. I heard people ran to the streets.. really bad move! They should be more informed. You can't escape mother nature by living where you "think" is safe.

jullis2000

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 10:43:45 pm »
I was on the street in NYC when it happened. Didn't feel a thing :) But alot of people were  kinda panicking after, leaving buildings, some were actually evacuated as a precaution

MommyLeeona

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 10:56:00 pm »
In washington pa here and some felt itbut I missed it idk anything bout it even prayers to others that got the bad side of it