Author Topic: Gettin sick & no test results :(  (Read 678 times)

cowgirl momma

Gettin sick & no test results :(
« on: August 21, 2011, 06:13:46 pm »
Okay so i'm just complaining more than anything, but i'm gettin sick and don't have any test results back yet meanin i dont know whats goin on and what i'm safe to take :( i have never had a strong immune system due to being born very small and ill so now when i get sick it lasts for months. I hate this! It's like if its not one thing its another. Reckon it's all God's way of teachin me important lessons but i'm strugglin to understand the lesson. Bah humbug. Okay, i feel a right bit better now lol :p

Fergie_mama

Re: Gettin sick & no test results :(
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 06:22:38 pm »
Sorry you're sick on top of everything else. :(
Until you know what you can do, take 500mg Vit C twice a day, echinacea (you can take by pill or tincture, follow the bottle), goldenseal (natural "antibiotic" but you should stop taking after 14 days or you body gets used to it, follow the bottle, too; also in pill or tincture form).  You should also use garlic liberally on your food, if you can handle the flavor.  If not, back it down, but it's amazing for your body.  Also chicken soup, especially homemade, is actually clinically proven to help with most colds/viruses.  Ginger Tea is also helpful during illnesses. All of these treatments are perfectly safe throughout pregnancy and non-pregnancy.  There is the ability to overdose, but not if you follow the recomendations I've shared and what's on the bottle. FYI, it is possible to overdose on ginger during pregancy but you'd have to eat at least 1-2 grams per day.  The tea only calls for a tsp of grated fresh ginger steeped in water and you can safely drink that every two hours.

Feel better soon!
Mother of two girls, due Feb 10

cowgirl momma

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 06:34:24 pm »
Thanks fergie :) you always have the best advice. I am already takin echinacea along with iron, and a B&C complex, think i'd still be okay to up the vit c? I'll have to go get some ginger, i've been sippin on peach tea. Ooooo garlic i love! I eat it on everything! Lol. I'm prayin its just a short bug this time.

Mommy7

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 06:57:09 pm »
Your fine taking tylenol you can actually take two 500 mg every 6 hours. Maximum 4000mg per 24 hrs. I was ok to take sudafed over the counter or benadryl.

When will you get call back? I'm suprised they didn't get back to you right away. I got mine back in few hours.

Fergie_mama

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 06:57:39 pm »
If you're pregnant, in the first trimester you shouldn't take more than 2000 mg vitamin c per day. After that you can take up to 4000 mg per day. I don't remember why  there's a restriction, though. Anyway, I couldn't remember at what point you are/were pregnant so that's why I list that. You can probably take both if your combined vitamin c is no more than the limit.

miamom

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 07:28:41 pm »
Awww cowgirl...I wish things would just start going better for u...& I'm not giving advice on what u should do cuz fergie already did & she rocks....take care & hugs....

Mommy7

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 07:47:56 pm »
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is an essential nutrient. Still, it's possible to have too much vitamin C.

Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that supports normal growth and development. Vitamin C also helps your body absorb iron. Because your body doesn't produce or store vitamin C, it's important to include vitamin C in your diet. For most people, a small glass of orange juice plus a serving of strawberries, chopped red pepper or broccoli provides enough vitamin C for the day. Any extra vitamin C will simply be flushed out of your body in your urine.

For adults, the recommended upper limit for vitamin C is 2,000 milligrams (mg) a day. Although too much dietary vitamin C is unlikely to be harmful, megadoses of vitamin C supplements can cause:

Diarrhea

Nausea

Vomiting

Heartburn

Abdominal cramps

Headache

Insomnia

Kidney stones

Remember, for most people, a healthy diet provides an adequate amount of vitamin C.

Also, excessive amounts of vitamin C have been linked to preterm labor, in addition to other health risks to fetus exposed to high levels of Vitamin C supplements.

With all supplements you need to discuss them with your doctor prior to taking them!

cowgirl momma

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 07:50:56 pm »
If i were still i would be 9wk1ds.

I'm doin the tylenol but since i havent been allowed ibuprofen or advil or such for 2 years, i've developed i bit of an immunity to it :/

Yeah i thought they would get back to me pretty quickly so hopefully i'll get a call on monday.

Mommy7

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 07:57:03 pm »
I think I have the immunity to tylenol as well! Another thing that makes me feel better is warm milk or steamer. Or of course hot chocolate with little marshmallows.

cowgirl momma

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 08:10:13 pm »
Mmmmmm hot chocolate :) i like how you think!

Fergie_mama

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 08:22:20 pm »
Thanks, Mommy7. I'm fighting a headache again, so I couldn't remember. Thanks for posting that! Because of what you wrote, I looked in my book again. I was going off memory. It said to stop the max dose within 5 days and to take 250 mg every two hours as needed without exceeding the max dose. Anyway, thanks for catching that.

Fergie_mama

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 08:22:46 pm »
Thanks, Mommy7. I'm fighting a headache again, so I couldn't remember. Thanks for posting that! Because of what you wrote, I looked in my book again. I was going off memory. It said to stop the max dose within 5 days and to take 250 mg every two hours as needed without exceeding the max dose. Anyway, thanks for catching that.

Mommy7

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 09:26:26 pm »
No problem fergie_mama,

I just remember from my dietetic work  hospital. There is not many people who take too much because it flushes through the body.

But did see some issues with people who didn't have great kidneys. Which also ironically-when expecting my son- included pregnant woman, so I had it stuck in my mind.

cowgirl momma

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 09:39:36 pm »
Well i have a history of kidney disease as a result of a-typical HELLP syndrome so its good info!

grace_and_two

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 06:26:14 am »
I was told by a friend seeking this method that vitC overdose (and she took an herb as well) causes spontaneous abortion.  I guess that goes with the uterus contracting that someone else posted.  Something to helo you that i didnt see is a probiotic. It will help flush out toxins and boost your immune system.  Good luck sweetie. That stinks!

cowgirl momma

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 10:42:40 am »
Oh, interesting, thanks doll :)

Ladymcpherson

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 04:06:29 pm »
I know your trying to move on but I found this quote and thought of you.... an angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth and whispered as she closed the book to beautiful for earth. Hope u like it!

cowgirl momma

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 04:13:36 pm »
Oh, thank you <3 i love it! I'm writin it down! Thank you love :)

Ladymcpherson

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 04:21:07 pm »
you're very welcome I know it helped me when I miscarried! it helps me think of miscarriage in a positive way