Author Topic: a ? about iud  (Read 428 times)

mommy2nd

a ? about iud
« on: July 16, 2012, 05:32:18 pm »
I jus had ni 2 wk check up and my dr asked bout birth control of course i said no cuz i dnt remember pills i they can mess wit ur hormones.anywayz point is mi dr said that would b the best one for me if i was to get on anything and even though i dnt wut no more kids right kno he said he would not tie mi tubs until one more.DOES IT HURT TO GET THE IUD,WUT IS THE SIDE AFFECTS TO HAVING IT ETC PLEASE SHARE UR EXPERIENCE. TY

jazzyhickox

Re: a ? about iud
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 05:33:35 pm »
I had it and loved it! Only takes a few minutes to get it put in and all you really feel is a little pinch. I say go for it trust me you won't regret it.

mommy2nd

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 05:36:42 pm »
K ty hw long does it last.and when it tyme for it to b taken out hw long does it take for u bdy to get right if u wut to try again?

Aussie mum

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 05:38:26 pm »
ive heard after its out it takes most women around 12 months to get pregnant.

jazzyhickox

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 05:40:12 pm »
You can get the 5-10 years one. Took me a month after I got it out to get pregnant and it was with twins 

almontg

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 05:48:23 pm »
I just had mirena put in today. I didn't feel anything.

MommyOf1With1OnTheWay

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 05:53:16 pm »
I had merina as well doesnt hurt, and they last 5 years. I got it taken out in march and got pregnant in may!

mommy2nd

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 06:03:29 pm »
Is the merina the one the put n ur arm? And k atleast u get to choose hw long u wut it n for.and u can get it taken out n anytime?

mommy2nd

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 06:04:25 pm »
I hear tht the other person fells it during sex is it tru?

almontg

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 06:23:16 pm »
Mirena is the one theyput in your uterus. I haven't had sex yet but from what I understand they might feel the strings but shouldn't feel the actually part. They put inside. If they do it probably isn't positioned right. The strings are kind of like fishing line, doctor told me to check them once a month to make sure it hasn't come out.

loveli

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 06:40:14 pm »
The one that goes in the skin is a different one, that one works for 5 years too. There's two types of IUDs, mirena, which is good for 5 years or the copper one that is good for 10 years. Some girls get pregnant right after getting off BCPs, and some just take time. There is, like all birth control, a chance you can get pregnant on mirena, just letting you know. Yes, you can get it taken out at any time. Sometimes the partner can feel it, most of the time not. You cal always get the line cut shorter if your partner feels it. I'm getting the IUD put in first thing on Monday. Hopefully, no more babies for me :)

MommyOf1With1OnTheWay

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 06:40:30 pm »
Yes string is like fishing wire and depending on the size of your partner lol they might feel it my hubby could once in a while but said it wasnt a painful feeling. If its to annoying you can ask to get the strings shortend I had to after I first got it.

MommyOf1With1OnTheWay

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 06:43:34 pm »
I had my iud for almost three yrs hubby and I never used protection and didnt get preggo. And I heard some fishy things about the copper one and people having bad reactions to them.

ftm1992

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 07:50:36 pm »
I had the 5 year one 3 times and they all three fell out and that's why I'm 5 months pregnant

mommy2nd

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 08:54:41 pm »
K wow didnt kno there wad different ones out i dnt think i would get the copper either the yr sounds gud though mi jus told me  u have few or light periods. K well uts been 2 wks since i had mi bby do the dr need to wait unil i stop bleeding im jus spotting on and of though srry tmi