Author Topic: Wow are ya kidding me????  (Read 726 times)

jazzyhickox

Wow are ya kidding me????
« on: July 14, 2012, 09:20:47 pm »
Sooooo after ALL the symptoms I have been having I finally found out I'm only a finger tip along and still thick! I was thinking I had some progress at least. So I asked around on some tips and I've heard epo and castor oil. Anyone tried either and had progress?

Nurse28636

Re: Wow are ya kidding me????
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 11:14:31 pm »
On afraid of both...EPO will think your blood making you more likely to hemorrhage..castor oil can make baby have a bowel movement before birth putting him/her at risk for getting in their lungs/infection...
Just how I feel about them... I know how you feel though.. thus pain of being ready to pop is getting old... I'm ready to get baby here also!

Azmommy

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 11:19:27 pm »
EPO is to thin your cervix.  How many weeks are you? Maybe start there.  I  would do castor oil.  Personally, nothing sounds worse than potentially going into labor with the runs.

dfmiles12

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 12:44:06 am »
Castor oil does not work. So don't bother trying it. It'll just give you the craps. I'm 36 weeks and 3cm dilated and 70% I'm trying to find ways to soften my cervix. I want this baby out. Dr said I'm full term so baby will be ok

Azmommy

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 03:15:28 am »
I meant to say I wouln't do castor oil.  Sorry.

loveli

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 03:52:08 am »
I'd like to share and say to you girls, dialation and effacement don't mean a thing, so don't count on it. I was 3cm, 50%effaced for a week and a half. I was checked so much, and they thought that would jump start labor, it didn't. I was contracting 3-5mins as well, but they weren't labor painful contractions, only way I made change was after my water broke. Your body will go into labor when its ready.

Anderson

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 08:03:01 am »
I used castor oil my first and it put me into labor within a few hours.  I didn't have the runs or anything.  I was told at my appt the day before that I was no where close to going into labor.  I think it worked for me.  I'm 38w and 4d and want this child out so bad but I kinda want to see if she comes on her own.

Azmommy

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 01:33:28 pm »
I agree loveli.  With my second, I walked around FOR WEEKS at 3 cm and 80-90% effaced.  The doc kept promising me it would be soon.  She was three days late...in the middle of our first snowstorm.

jazzyhickox

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 03:10:58 pm »
Well today I'm 1 cm and thick and baby is still floating around uggh

baby#4isontheway

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 05:24:49 pm »
I know this is hard to understand and even hear but there is nothing that can get ugoing except medicine. A lot of things including castor and epo are wives tales. I've had 3 babies and prego with a 4th. My last one I was 90% and 6cm with my bags bulging for 2 weeks before they decided to go ahead and pop it. Sometimes natures way of doing things irritates us to the core but I promise u that ur doc/midwife will tell u what and when to do something.