Author Topic: Sad :(  (Read 498 times)

YngmumX4

Sad :(
« on: March 10, 2012, 10:57:52 am »
My cousin found out she was preggo shortly after me so she is about 20w give or take a week. About a week and half ago she went in for u/s and found that babies kidneys were extremely enlarged. Got two amniocentesis (sp?) And drained 12 oz of fluids. They wanted to put a stent in but for some reason couldnt didnt idk. She told me yesterday there is too much damage to his kidneys that after birth he would need a transplant and to be on dialysis (sp) for life. She is getting an abortion and going to try again in six months for another baby. I understand he will have problems but feel for this precious baby about to be killed. At 20weeks they usually perform a d&e ive read about it and broke dwn crying. Im sorry its long but please just take a moment and pray for all these "imperfect" children that are killed. :(

julia8453

Re: Sad :(
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 11:31:17 am »
That is so sad. I don't think I would ever be about to do that.

sidekickmama

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 11:52:01 am »
Wow, that's very sad...and to think that the baby could be fine...doctors are not always right.

aoi tomoe

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 12:36:04 pm »
I feel so bad for the baby but in a way I know how she feels and where she's coming from my first pregnancy we thought was going great but we found out I was just over 6 months pregnant not 11 weeks and 4 days for one of my appointments they found out during a us where they measured my uterus and the sac around the baby they found out the baby stopped developing at 11 weeks and 4 days which was just over 3 mo before then I had to have an abortion and it was really painful but if I didn't and I had the baby as was the chances of the baby living past birth were ahold slim.

wimommyof5

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 03:02:12 pm »
I can't even imagine that is so sad. my baby girl was born 8 Weeks after that and she is a tiny person. After seeing my daughter I believe late abortions  r no different than murder. I'm sorry if this offends anybody but after seeing my tiny little girl it just makes me sick

YngmumX4

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 03:55:02 pm »
Im 28 weeks now and just remember feeling baby move by that time. Its sad to me bc baby is developed normal besides kidneys and she wanted to abort in beggining and waited till now to go to docs. She wants to try again for another baby in 6months I just think she is trading in an imperfect baby for a new one :(

aoi tomoe

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 03:55:51 pm »
I know how you feel honestly I do.  But sometimes its medically needed like they told me with my baby that even if the baby did live he or she would not live past 6 months and would have so many complications because even if the baby did start to developed my baby would still be 3 months behind and his or her organs wouldn't have been developed enough to survive past that 6 months if at all.  And I can't see letting my child suffer greatly just so that I.can have extra time with him or her trust me it was a choice I did not take lightly and I was sick before and after it.  I also did not get anything but a few minor pain meds most people get put under for an abortion because it is as painful as labor to show myself even a fraction of what my child could have suffered during his or her time.  It was a huge lesson and as much as I wish my baby was here I do not regret not letting my baby suffer especially because by the time I gave birth I'd have been lucky if the baby's gender was developed enough or them to cathatirized the baby.