Author Topic: Is it just my hormones???  (Read 517 times)

sheripep

Is it just my hormones???
« on: November 15, 2011, 04:06:15 pm »
I have been crazy emotional lately and most of it has been anger at my boyfriend. I was a smoker n quitting for the baby is SO hard, but he gets to continue to smoke n it makes me.mad. I've been craving subway but he says even if I have them toast the meat I can't have it. I have a hair appointment on Thursday n he tells me he doesn't want me doing any color in my hair even though I have been told and read it is fine.. I get so mad n tell him I would like to see him try to quit the things I have had to quit n see him try to handle the exhaustion n sickness that comes with being pregnant. Idk if its just my hormones that are making me so grumpy n cranky or if I have the right to be upset. Idk if he is trying to control me or if he is just trying to tell me how he feels.. please help, I dont see our relationship going very well if things continue this way..

miranda33

Re: Is it just my hormones???
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 04:16:55 pm »
Well first off I eat subway at least twice a week and my baby is just fine, I also had my hair colored and highlighted and my baby is fine, I have gotten a pedicure and my baby is just fine lol. He is probably just concerned for the baby but rest assured all of that is safe. And good foe u for quiting I think that's awesome I know its not easy especially being pregnant. I would have a sit down talk with him and tell him he needs to back off ur going through a lot physically and emotionally. I hate when my husband acts like pregnancy is a walk in the park. U have a right to be upset u also have the right to treat ur self out and pamper uraelf up. Good luck!

mommylovesaiden

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 04:19:42 pm »
He needs to be supportive, I'm a hairstylist so yes you are safe to get your hair done.. sometimes with all the hormones when pregnant, haircolor might not turn out just right but most cases that only happens with women expecting twins. And yes go eat subway deli meats are fine as long as they are heated.. the doctor says that just in vase there is bacteria on the meat the heat will kill it

wilkinson

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 04:33:49 pm »
The only meats your not supposed to have ubcooked are roast beef and pastrami other than that its fine and as for dying your hair its not recomended but they make non amonia bassed dye. I know how you feel though my husband only lets me use vineger to clean and wont let me lift anything and much more  lol hang in there and think everything you do your baby does ultimentally its your choices

Heather

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 06:07:02 pm »
With my first pregnancy, I was so mad my bf wouldn't stop smoking too. Then I realized how ridiculous I was being. I'm pregnant again, and my bf smokes when he wants and I don't care. Also, your bf sounds like he just cares about your guys's baby. I think it's really cute. You could take advantage of what hes song though, and say you shouldn't get off the couch much so he needs to bring you things. Hahaha ;)

Heather

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 06:08:50 pm »
P.s. Veggie subs are just as delicious as ones with meat..I'm not a vegetarian, but I get them even when I'm not pregnant! With lots of american cheese n mayo.mmmmmm.... Ok I want subway now.

armywife5809

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 10:20:16 am »
I went thro a craving subway moment. I ate it A LOT & all is fine with my baby. The only problem that may accure with coloring ur hair is sometimes it doesn't take right during pregnancy. Manicure & pedicure I have done thro all 3 of my pregnancies. It actually very relaxing & can be great for u. Seems he is just worried about the health of your unborn child but u can reassure him that all is fine. Google it & show him the proof or ask ur doc & have him there. Or just tell him to suck it up & do what u want! I'm 37 weeks & just now to the point to where I have completely stopped smoking so good for u. Its really hard & with hormones stopping is not easy. Hang in there sweetie

mamacleve87

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 11:44:25 am »
He sounds a lil too opinionated to me, you can have lunch meat i've been eating it and did through my entire first pregnancy.  And if your doc says its fine to color your hair then that's whose word you should take, i mean they did go to med school lol:)  and good for you for quitting!  I did with my first and my husband didn't quit till after my son was born:) just tell him to ease up and that these things are fine to do, that you wouldn't do anything that you knew would harm the baby