6. truths about your pregnancy/ delivery
by sobieearth on 08 Dec, 2013 13:10
Everyone that can remember what they went through please share
1. Went into active labor at 11 30pm 10 25
2. Mucus plug I heard pop at 5am! Then 1 minute apart contractions non stop then water breaking 10 minutes later
3.at the hospital at 7 centimeters. my baby 12 hours before my due date.
4. Had a VBAC!
5. My son was 7.4 pounds.
6. I got one stitch from birth....going up. Ouch
Go ahead and list your truths!
by Jashetta on 08 Dec, 2013 15:04
1. Started having contractions at midnight
2. Was admitted at 9 am 4 cm dilated
3. Water broke at 4 am
4. Had a vbac
5. Daughter weighed 6 lbs 9 oz
6. Labor lasted about 3 days smh
7. Took castor oil to induce labor, it worked but gave me very strong and unbearable contractions so NEVER again
1. Knew I was having a boy from the beginning
2. Terrible heartburn
3. No baby shower with this pregnancy
4. Dilated 1 cm at 34 weeks
5. Craved water and ice chips
6. Planning to have an all natural birth
7. Eating a pineapple Friday lol
by mrsgreene1725 on 08 Dec, 2013 15:08
With bub, my worst..
1. Went into labor at 33 weeks.
2. Had brethine three times and magnesium through my iv.
3. Had an ultra sound and my placenta was detaching.
4. Was in labor for 13 hours before I hemorrhaged and had an emergency csection.
5. He was dead at birth but had oxygen and chest thrusts. I lost half my blood and had to have four pints and two plasma.
6. He was 4.3 lbs, 17in. We didn't meet for four days and he was in the nicu for a month.
On a good note, he's doing great and a fat baby!
Sorry if its depressing but that's my truth.
by sobieearth on 08 Dec, 2013 15:42
Yes jashetta! VBAC'S in the house! Lol greatjob. No more castor oil! Lol
by sobieearth on 08 Dec, 2013 15:45
Mrsgreen im happy both of u are doing so well. The truth is not nessasarly happy times.
by Jashetta on 08 Dec, 2013 15:56
@sobie hopefully this little boy will be a vbac as well and definitely no more castor oil lol I was having the contractions of someone dilated 10 cm at 4 cm and I couldn't take it lol if I could have started pushing it would've been a different story lol
by Kt022713 on 08 Dec, 2013 15:57
1. I knew I was pregnant at 3 weeks bc I started getting dark spots on my face.
2. I just knew we were having a boy until the dr showed us her girl parts lol found out at 13 weeks
3. She was so low the entire pregnancy I was scared she was gonna come to early
4. She was breech the entire pregnancy with a foot in my cervix lol
5. I was an hour and a half away from home when I went into labor at 4 am. Had to drive us home bc hubby had been drinking the night before lol got to the hospital at 7:15 contractions were 3 minutes apart and I was 4 cm she was born at 8:30 by repeat c section
6. She came early at 36.4 weeks and weighed 6 lbs 2 oz and 29 inches
by sobieearth on 08 Dec, 2013 16:49
Kt glad things went well! Don't men get drunk at the worse times? ! Lol i was so happy hubby didn't drink that day which was a surprise because his birthday was the next day. Whew! It's great that u and baby girl are okay
by Kt022713 on 08 Dec, 2013 17:07
Haha yes they do! She came on the Super Bowl so it's no surprise he was drinking the night before lol. He still says "I thought I had 3 more weeks"
by taliciaf24 on 08 Dec, 2013 18:59
1. - was upset when I found out I was pregnant. I wasn't happy at all.
2. - had morning sickness the whole time.
3. Experienced back labor for the first time, not realizing it was labor!
4. Contractions started at 6 pm I went to the hospital at 2 am by myself because I wasn't sure if it was real labor!
5 was told at 4 am that my baby would be delivered by 6 am via c section.
6 didn't cry even though my contractions got to.2-3 minutes apart.i was a big girl! Lol.
by sobieearth on 08 Dec, 2013 20:19
Talicia24 labor is a tricky thing! And pregnancy has the weirdest time with popping up on folks. Lol i didn't cry either with contractions 1 minute apart at 7 centimeters! We are big girls hunny! Lol good job!
by taliciaf24 on 08 Dec, 2013 20:42
Lol @sobie I would just grab the rails of the bed and stare at this bottle of hand sanitizer! I was fine as long as people weren't talking to me! It's like when they talked to me I wanted to hit them. Lol.
by sobieearth on 08 Dec, 2013 21:17
Yes Taliciaf24! And while I'm in labor, my husband's baby momma calls him to ask is this the only child he's been In the delivery room with. Smh she lucky her ass is down south! I've been laboring one minute apart for 3 hours at 7 almost 8 centimeters and she call with that bullshit? I'm gonna get her. Lol
by BabyDeanmakes3 on 08 Dec, 2013 21:24
Lol @tali me too! I was thinking the whole time, "I'm in labor people-let me concentrate!"
Ok lemme try this again. Lost my last post lol.
1. I knew I was preggo pretty quickly, but I was afraid to get my hopes up so soon.
2. I craved all Italian food, Oreos, pineapple, and Sonic's hot fudge sundaes. Even the thought of Chinese food actually made me sick.
3. Both of our dogs were extra protective while I was preggo, but my boy dog Rusty would snuggle with me and bump all the time. Slept through h his kicks too!
4. We opted to induce because hubs was leaving for training a wk after I was due.
5. Labored 14+ hr. Went naturally for 12, then got an epidural. It worked on the less painful side only, then got full effect 1 hr later, and I still felt every bit of pushing!
6. My son's b-day is exactly 2 wks after my b-day.
by sobieearth on 08 Dec, 2013 23:31
BabyDean my hubby told me I was pregnant cause I was eating every 3 hours. Lol i was 5 weeks. How many weeks when u induced?
by BabyDeanmakes3 on 09 Dec, 2013 00:07
Lol! @sobie I knew prob around 3 wks-unbelievable heartburn, ate everything, super sore boobs. (Hubs thought so too but didn't say anything.) I had bub at 40+3.
by knschenck on 09 Dec, 2013 00:26
1. I knew I was pregnant 4 days after missing my period especially since I had sex everyday during my fertile period according to my period app.
2. Thanks to my mom and her fascination of twins I found out it was twins @6 weeks.
3. According to my doctor I had the perfect pregnancy up until 33weeks.
4. My birthing experience was horrible.
5. I swore I was having girls cuz I wanted them so bad and made the techs reassure me until birth it was still boys.
6. Thanks to my congenital heart failure I left the hospital 10lbs lighter then my pre pregnancy weight now im 20lbs lighter.
by sobieearth on 09 Dec, 2013 00:52
Knscheck I'm 15 pounds from pregnancy weight. I only gained 10 pounds the whole pregnancy. I wanted a boy. Hell... my father is still paying my car note and I've been married for 4 years. ... I don't want no girl. Lol
by knschenck on 09 Dec, 2013 06:24
@ sobie I wasn't gaining much till the very end. My doctor only wanted me 2 gain 15 and I think I gained about 25. My clothes really didn't stop fitting until my 7th month. Most of it was water weight.
by waltmeier on 09 Dec, 2013 07:21
1. I knew I was preggo before I even missed my period.
2. On January 30th we found out we were having twins.
3. On February 15th we were told I miscarried both babies.
4. 3rd week in March, we found out I was still preggo with one.
5. I had a placental abruption at 20 ish weeks. Was placed on bedrest for over a month. When I got off bedrest, I could barely walk.
6. I craved milk and McDonalds chicken nuggets (which I absolutely hate).
7. Horrible heartburn and acid reflux.
8. At 30 weeks, I started measuring larger.
9. My water started breaking when I got up from the toilet (total lol moment).
10. I was 35.6 weeks. Worst contractions ever. I cried like a lil bitch.
11. Got an epidural. Stuck at 7 cm. They gave me pitocin. Baby's heart tones started dropping so they performed an emergency c section.
Katie was born at 7lbs, 8 oz. Sugars were low so they brought her to NICU. I started throwing up the next day. 4 days later I developed a mechanical blockage which caused my right lung to collapse which put me in icu with a breathing machine. It finally resolved itself. Was sent home. Then developed an infection in my mouth because the breathing machine cracked my tooth and the nurses in icu didn't clean out my mouth and bacteria formed. Back in the hospital for iv antibiotics. Sent me home finally. I was antibiotics for 2 months after delivery.