Author Topic: Just a quick intro!  (Read 307 times)

Morgaynn

Just a quick intro!
« on: December 07, 2013, 11:37:33 pm »
I'm Lily, 37 years young, and 15 weeks today with #2. My ds is 14, and extremely excited for the new baby. Tyler (ds) lives with his father by mutual choice. After he was diagnosed with Aspbergers when he was 4 we decided it was best not to upset his routine, and continues living with his father and regular visits with me.

Without going into the gory details of the situation, the father of this child will not be a part of the baby's life by my choice and my lawyer's help. He is little more than a sperm donor, we were not married, and as much as I would love to bash him, it's a waste of energy and below the kind of woman I am.

While this is my second child, this is my 7th pregnancy.  I've had problems over the years staying pregnant, and am excited that I have made it to my second trimester. Not to mention a nervous wreck about every twinge, tug, and pull I experience along the way.

I look forward to hearing your stories and sharing in your pregnancies! Here's to happy healthy babies!

knschenck

Re: Just a quick intro!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 11:50:37 pm »
First welcome! I carried identical twins like a pro until 33 weeks and then preeclampsia set it. My boys held up well but my health was deteriorated fast. Had a csection at 36 weeks. My boys r 3 months old and very healthy just small.

Morgaynn

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 11:56:17 pm »
Congratulations on 2 healthy boys! Id be pleased as punch with twins.... I'm not sure I'd be able to handle it though. You have my admiration!

Doritos2013

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 01:48:11 am »
Its so nice to meet another Auti mom! Whooooo
I'm 29 prego w my 2nd child. My daughter is 4 and a high functioning Auti. Along w ADHD.
Her father has been gone since she was 9mths.
I'm married to a wonderful man, that has a daughter only 4mths younger then mine. This has been a huge help to my daughter as she sometimes needs a visual aide her size so to speak. My husband and I are extremely happy about baby on the way and are wanting a boy. Congratulations on your pregnancy and your true appreciation to keep ur older son's routine. I have a lot of admiration for a mother that's willing and able to do what's best for her child.
God bless, and I'll be praying for a full terms pregnancy for you my dear.

waltmeier

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 06:54:59 am »
Hi Lily, I'm Wendy, 37 years old with a 15 year old son w/Aspergers and a 3 month old daughter.

Morgaynn

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 12:13:52 pm »
I'm pleased to meet you both! It's always good to know there are people out there like me.  Doritos: visual aides are such a useful tool... and to have another daughter roughly the same age sounds to be invaluable! Tyler wasn't talking much at that age, so I took some ASL coureses to bridge the gap. Using a visual language opened so many doors for us! We're working with a speech therapist these days as he has a lisp and struggles with certain sounds. He made honor role this semester, so we're very proud of him. He has taken to writing now and is currently working on a greek mythological story.

Wendy, I would love to hear how you prepared your son for your new arrival! I'm most anxious about how Tyler will handle meeting my LO.  Right now he's excited and demanding a sister. Apparently there are too many boys in his life! (His words not mine)Lol. His father and wife had a son 2 years ago, and I get the sense from Tyler he felt a little outside the process. He's been a great big brother, and seems quite proud of himself for showing his little brother all about dinosaurs.