Author Topic: why......  (Read 511 times)

Tara

why......
« on: December 06, 2013, 12:19:49 pm »
So my Dr office calls out of nowhere and says I need to go hospital for blood draw but wouldn't tell me why I go do it and ask the lady that draws my labs what it's for she says drug screen now why would they do that and not tell me I don't use drugs or drink and have never gave them reason to think I do they never did that with my other pregnancys.......

4kidsandcounting

Re: why......
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 12:28:49 pm »
Im not sure why but screw them if you know your clean flip them the bird and say there's your sample bitches. :)

Doritos2013

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 12:38:01 pm »
Did you sign a paper okaying the drug testing for pregnancy?  If not then they have no right to do this testing.

Tara

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 01:10:16 pm »
Nope I didn't sign anything I took the test so soon ad results are in I'm going to give them a piece of mind.. because they didn't have to hide it.

cowboysgirl87

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 02:00:56 pm »
Sounds to me like someone turned u in...they do that if they suspect drug use..or if someone has called a social worker and said it. Keep ur ears open Cuz apparently someone is trying to get u in trouble for no reason.

Tara

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 02:05:11 pm »
I called the Dr and they said that I missed a couple appt so that's why the did it but still makes no sense...

Jashetta

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 03:22:15 pm »
That doesn't make since at all I missed my appointment for a month straight due to my husbands work schedule and my first appointment since then was yesterday I'm 37 weeks and they didn't draw any blood. Sounds illegal to me unless someone reported you but you still would have to sign papers to okay the testing

BabyDeanmakes3

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 03:26:59 pm »
You have to sign something that ok's the drug testing. And missing appt is not a reason to do one. Something's fishy. I'd demand to talk to lab supervisor immediately. That's illegal.

Tara

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 04:06:57 pm »
Ok I'm going to call now. They called to say everything came back clean which is no surprise as I don't even drink... my mother told me to contact a lawyer cause they don't want to tell me anything......

BabyDeanmakes3

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 05:20:27 pm »
Yes absolutely do that. I'm pissed for you!!!

Tara

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 05:24:19 pm »
Dr office still say just cuz I missed 3 apps and hospital tells me to call ds.....

jljenes

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 06:15:30 pm »
so im the type to research alot of things and I looked into this and without most of you knowing your being tested for drugs everytime you go to the dr. they test it by urine so not only is sugar and protine being detected most obs also check for drugs. I thought it kinda weird cause my ob told me my drug test would test positive because they put me on a pain killer for my tooth. so thats what got me looking when I read this now being that drugs last longer in blood than they do urine that may be why your ob ordered it. most insurance these days require it do to obama care and welfare.

BabyDeanmakes3

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2013, 06:36:49 pm »
Sorry Jackie, but unless you come through the ER or are in the hospital with suspicious circumstances (acting weird), they are supposed to get consent prior to any testing, especially drug or hiv testing. It's nothing new :)  Unless there is a written policy in place of which she was aware and consented, they can't automatically drug test you for missed appts. Proudmommy missed many appts because of transportation and didn't get drug tested, for example.

jljenes

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2013, 08:55:13 pm »
I realize that but most obs do a drug test in urine and after asking some other ladies that go to the same ob as me have found this to be true my ob does it which I never seen in any of the papers and I thought hippa or however it is protected people from that honestly I dont care cause I dont do drugs nor am I around people who drugs.

jljenes

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2013, 09:13:14 pm »
ok so reading further into it at an obs offuce you have already concented to giving urine so therefor in some states thats all they need. I live in Tennessee and I am guessing thats how it is. however I have also learned that poppy seeds can make you test positive for weed good thing I dont eat poppy seeds. as far as blood goes I have read that its a differnt concent form and actually needs your signature which is taken by lab tech not doctor.

BabyDeanmakes3

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 11:25:15 pm »
See that's a fine line of if you don't ask they don't have to tell you. When I said they can't without your consent, I was talking about what they do with it once collected. Your ob and whoever draws the samples are supposed to tell you what's going to be done with the samples-this gives you the opportunity to refuse tests.

waltmeier

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013, 01:07:31 am »
Mine was all in my initial paperwork. I read everything that is put in front of me and I had to consent to drug tests. And yes, that urine sample you give at every appointment checks for sugar, proteins and drugs.