Author Topic: Needing serious help or advice  (Read 621 times)

BlackFooties

Needing serious help or advice
« on: December 01, 2013, 04:35:22 pm »
Hi ladies.... I haven't been on here in a very long time but I'm at my wits end and need some help.... so I figured why not jump on here for maybe some advice. I have an 8mo old that I've been exclusively breastfeeding since I've had him. Well I really need to go back to working full time but I can't because I can't pump enough milk for my son to attend daycare and he just flat out refuses to drink formula. I really don't want him on formula but the pump I have Is just not getting more than 2 oz out in between feedings when I can pump. He eats baby food and some table food but he loves his momma's milk. I can't afford to buy a pump being that I haven't worked since March before I had him and idk what to do. He will cry for hours on end to avoid drinking formula, it's like he'd rather starve. SERIOUSLY.... Do you know of any places or anyone who can donate me a good suctioning pump? Please help and sorry this is so long.

mommi2be

Re: Needing serious help or advice
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 04:39:39 pm »
Try places such as wic. I know the wic place here lends out electric pumps. Or get ahold of social services and ask and see where they can direct you.

BlackFooties

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 04:46:43 pm »
Wic gave me one at first but it just isn't getting the job done. It's like it doesn't have enough sucking power. My son is an aggressive eater. I will definitely Check with the dhs office to see if they can help. Thanks for responding :)

tessmom

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 09:59:44 pm »
Hey! Miss ya girl! Hope work goes OK.

On Facebook, locally we have a "babies resale " page. Other moms sell their pumps there. Maybe you have one in your area?

Babyglecksmom

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 01:10:18 am »
Check your ins Co. Alot of them have changed and will now provide one.  Also check craigslist many ppl sell them cheap on there and you can just boil the parts to sanitize them.  Just know some women just don't respond to a pump and a pump will not empty you like a baby does.  There are women in the online fb grp who won't get anything when they pump not even with hospital grade pumps but baby gets plenty from baby to breast :/ good luck I hope you find a solution!!

sobieearth

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 07:31:16 am »
Try lactation cookies. They sel them on amazon. I just ordered the oatmeal raisin.  Heard they work in two days. From 2 oz to 7 oz being pumped. Good luck.. I got my pump through my insurance company.

BabyDeanmakes3

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 10:30:41 am »
Have you tried pumping one side while baby is on the other? It's difficult, but doable especially after practice. That's how I first got my stores built up, because it takes advantage of baby stimulating a better letdown. Also non alcoholic beer can help build your supply.

Is bub sleeping through the night? If so, you could stay up a couple hrs after bedtime to pump (by then your supply should be building back up). Or right before you'd normally feed baby, pump instead and feed em from what you pumped. (It might be more of a timing issue than the pump itself.) Gl!!

susan

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 06:05:08 am »
Eat regular oatmeal not the instant kind but the kind you have to cook it has helped me. Good luck. Yeast helps also.

BlackFooties

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 11:03:30 pm »
Thanks ladies :) I'm trying all the ideas you all have given me... Except the insurance thing cuz I don't have any but other than that... I made some of those cookies and started eating them tonight. I'm hoping it'll help out soon. Does stress have anything to do with low milk production? Idk but my baby is trying to be patient with me. Thanks again!

BlackFooties

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 11:04:41 pm »
Hey Tessmom... how's it going?

BlackFooties

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 11:07:44 pm »
And Susan... What ways can I get yeast without eating yogurt bcuz I just can't stomach that stuff lol??

susan

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 11:10:42 pm »
I read the non alcoholic beer is supposed to help  you can also get yeast tablets. 

BlackFooties

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 12:08:36 am »
Thanks. I'll go to the store tomorrow to look for some.

sobieearth

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 01:23:37 am »
Stress has a lot to do with production.  Try to relax.