Author Topic: No college for me? :(  (Read 336 times)

ProudMommyAgain

No college for me? :(
« on: June 16, 2013, 10:11:20 pm »
Just a little rant I guess I want to become either a RN or a Ultrasound Tech & work with pregnant woman but there are no close colleges the closest is 1 hour away, that's a 2 hour drive daily not to mention the gas money! D: I just feel like I'm in a stomp :/ How did you ladies that went to college do it? Did you settle with something else? There is a college right in the main town (where the Walmart & everything is) but they don't offer much in the medical field which is stupid because they have there own medical office (where I go for prenatal) ugh!

1stTimeMommy2Be

Re: No college for me? :(
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 10:25:20 pm »
Im lucky and live close to my school in houston. Ive known women that drove an hr to college in lufkin from like shepherd tx. Maybe online courses? Even though i know those r more hands on classes... maybe eventually move closer to a school

BookWormMom

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 10:27:18 pm »
I've never encountered that problem of a college not being close to me. One has always been within driving distance. Right now I'm taking a bachelor's degree program for laboratory scientist and it's fully online.

LinksMama

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 01:02:28 am »
Maybe work on some online until its hands on classes and then so the drive? Idk how that all works. I lived in Arizona for a bit and had that problem there. Thought I'd start up college from where I left off when I moved ther. The school was close but littlw to no classes. Doesn't make sense.

mommy388

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 01:37:26 am »
Luckily, the town I stat in has at least 5 different colleges and 3 vocational schools. I've always wanted to be a RN with a minor in Social work so that I can work with teen parents in the community but still have my medical background. All the schools I attended where on the bus line, so travel wasn't too bad.
I hope you find a school that you fit just like a puzzle with an go all the way with your goals!