Author Topic: I was thinking...  (Read 437 times)

MommyOf2ComingThisOct

I was thinking...
« on: May 27, 2013, 10:29:10 am »
About how I need to move to a bigger 3 bedroom apartment now since I'm having a boy. I know when I lived in NC I heard that boys and girls couldn't share a bedroom... which I understand that when they're older they need their own space. But I was wondering if its a problem while they're babies still? I'm not sure how the laws about that stuff is here in VA but I need to find out. I live in a 2 bedroom apartment and of course one of those is my daughters. I'm planning on keeping the baby in my room until he's about 4 or 5 months old like I did with my daughter. And if it would've been another girl this time I was planning on them sharing a room until we decide to move but now I'm not so sure about that. My lease is up at July 31st so I can't move until after that. I moved into this apartment on my due date when I was pregnant with my daughter and I dread going through the moving process again. :( I'm just stuck on what to do at this point lol. I know I'm gonna eventually have to move probably sometime this year but I'm just not sure if I want to do it while I'm still pregnant or after the baby is born...

Aussiemummy

Re: I was thinking...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 10:35:25 am »
Here in australia i think i heard its fine until they are around school age. While they are babies i dont see it as an issue?
Currently pregnant with my third HG baby.

MommyOf2ComingThisOct

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 10:46:55 am »
@Aussie I thought the same thing. I don't see an issue with them sharing a bedroom for a while because my daughter will be 14 months old when this one comes. Which means by the time I'm ready to tranfer him to "their" room she will be 18 months old or so... and was hoping I could get her in a toddler bed around that age so I won't have to buy another crib... wishful thinking.. I'll have him in his bassinett in my bedroom until then. Maybe I'm overthinking this lol. Just people keep telling me if I don't move so he can have his own bedroom them child protective services might get involved and that's the last thing I need on me. Its BS.

Rooney85

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 10:51:55 am »
Shouldnt be an issue! Depending on where you are in va as long as you aren't 5 people trying to live in a 2bedroom you're good!

taliciaf24

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 10:58:19 am »
They have temporary " walls " at Lowes. Pretty nifty.

BabyDeanmakes3

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 01:25:47 pm »
^^Good idea. And they wouldn't have the manpower to enforce something like that. I doubt there's a law about it.

Havinbaby#2

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 03:30:23 pm »
im in Va and i also live in a 2 bedroom apartment my landlord said the limit is 4 people per 2 bedroom and 6 people per 3. But i personaly feel the rooms aren't big enough to share so i applied for a 3 bedroom. If you don't want to move i don't think you have to :)

draevynandharpersmommy

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 04:16:06 pm »
The laws differ per state but theres usually a general rule of school age.

MommyOf2ComingThisOct

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 09:47:39 pm »
Thanks everyone! I'll get it all sorted out

Aussiemummy

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 11:20:41 pm »
If she wil only be 18 months its no issue. You canget a few years out of them sharing.
Currently pregnant with my third HG baby.