Author Topic: Diapers  (Read 1079 times)

Rikkiroo

Diapers
« on: October 08, 2011, 06:17:28 pm »
As a ftm I'm lost on a lot of things and this is one of them! I want to get started on buying a small supply of diapers but dont know anything about brands, advice? Thanks!

Stephanie

• proud mom of a 2 yr. old
Re: Diapers
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 06:26:51 pm »
Every child is different, i used pampers for my son and for a few days I bought him huggies and he got the worst diaper rash, I think it was from him getting used to a certain brand. Everyone from my husbands side of the family uses huggies and they work great on them. What i learned from my experience is that whatever brand i choose to use for this baby ill stick with it till hes out of diapers.

KorNut

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 06:41:29 pm »
I'm a ftm too. But my sister tried every brand and decided to stick with luvs because every other brand had leaking issues. My mom also used them on us and bf mom used them on him and brother. So I will b using them too. Except the ones I got from baby shower of course. :)

mamacleve87

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 06:42:50 pm »
I use luvs. And yeah pampers are the best but you'll find that luvs are almost the exact same and cheaper :) huggies are so bulky for my liking..

Mommyof3+1

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 06:43:31 pm »
For me it was the opposite. Pampers gave my boys bad rashes so we switched to Huggies. With my daughter both brands fit her funny and the generic wal mart brand fit her best. I suggest just buying small packs at a time of different brands to see what works best for you.

Mommy7

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 06:54:01 pm »
I've had best luck with pampers & luvs. All of my kids got bad rashes with huggies & generics.

julia8453

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 08:13:49 pm »
See I hate luvs and will never use them again. I used them with my son and with in a few hours of putting him down at night he would be up cry because he was cover in the filling. This happen on few occasions. I like pampers and huggies.

us3beaz

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 08:23:50 pm »
I liked huggies the best at night...but when he was awake I used the cheapos since we were able to change whenever needed...huggies kept him drier during the night.

shawnnaplus3

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 08:39:11 pm »
I like huggies Pampers I'll use too yu know desperate times lolz

tx_mom2

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 08:45:16 pm »
I would suggest to start with what you get at baby shower and hopefully it will be a variety. That way you will know what brand works for you and the baby. Babys are different and different mothers prefer different brands as everyone has expressed so its a little hard to go by someone else's experience.

tx_mom2

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 08:46:32 pm »
Sorry that was assuming you will have a baby shower... If your not having a shower I would recommend going to the diaper brands website and usually they will send samples...

threewhyme

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 08:46:33 pm »
I usuallt use whatever they use at the hospital!!! I usually don't start to buy them until I find out what kind their goibg to put on the baby at the hospital but its always either Pampers or huggies

melmel59

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 12:31:31 am »
I use cloth ones because they're so cute and because we save over $1,000 with each child. Plus i LOVE not ever having to worry about running out of diaperd. I use seventh generation or nature babycare when i have to. (Trips or at church).  They don't use chlorine or chemicals. 

AJKJsmom

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 01:17:21 am »
Your going to get different answers from everyone you really just need to decide by trial and error, I like pampers and huggies but not the huggies baby dry, just the huggies snugglers and little movers I think they're called, I've had leaking problems with luvs and the huggies baby dry, the wal mart brand is good but all my kids have been allergic to them but they don't leak. good luck hopefully you get different brands given to you so you can decide what you like

Rikkiroo

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 01:26:38 am »
I guess ill just buy little packs of everything

FutureMrsSines

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 02:04:43 am »
I am on my 3rd and with my first 2 it was pampers. You can get 222 diapers for around 25 dollars on amazon.com as long as you are a member. It is really nice.

baby3feb29

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 04:26:04 am »
I liked luvs with both my boys. they leaked out of everything else.

angelfairydust

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 05:15:51 pm »
I used pampered but had issues with getting too full and bursting crystals everywhere huggies aren't bad but I use own brand supermarket now cos they made by huggies but are half the price!

Krystle427

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 06:31:56 pm »
My son uses huggies and they're great. Pampers were ok. Not that great with wetness staying away from his skin. Luvs were horrible! 1st, they didnt hold poop very good. It was coming out the top and legs. Then it seemed like the cotton was breaking down. It was hard to get the little wet cotton clumps off him. I gave the bag away because I hated them so much!

KBar3

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 06:37:25 pm »
I hate luvs as well...the filling always burst out as soon as it got wet.  My youngest is allergic to wal-mart brand so we use huggies, but have to use over-night at night since he was 14 months.  My oldest i always used  the brand from Sams and loved them