Author Topic: your leaving when?!?  (Read 655 times)

The3ofUs

your leaving when?!?
« on: October 07, 2011, 04:31:21 pm »
So this morning I got the news that my boyfriend is leaving to the military next month…I'm sacred out of my mind and I have no clue what I'm going to do without him close, he is my main support. I know are relationship is strong and we can make it but, I'm not ready for him to leave at least not now I really need him. I know he has to do what's best for our family I just don't know how to deal with this…help? Advice?

KBar3

Re: your leaving when?!?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 04:58:16 pm »
I have been in the army over 6 years and married to military so I have the unique perspective of both sides.  I always tell wives and gfs to just remember that they need you as much as you need them.  He will be dealing with a lot and you may have to forgive him for not being completely sensitive.  I know it sucks to be apart, but he needs to focus and you will be vital for that and making sure you dont make him feel guilty for being away.  Be thankful that he is making a very responsible decision that will benefit him and your family for the rest of your lives.  His emotions through training are probably going to be more erratic than yours through pregnancy, it is a very intense and difficult time.  Write to him daily and reassure him of your love and devotion every chance you have. Reach out to anyone you can find with similar experience because he wont always be available to be your support system.  Just remember that you will both need to support each other and he is making a huge sacrifice

Sydnee

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 08:59:30 pm »
Afwingmoms.com

Chula

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 01:44:55 am »
That is amazing advice , I've been married 5 yrs with my hubby and hes been in the navy 7 yrs it's hard but just some advice sometimes you hear horror stories from other military wives /gf and you must remember to trust your man .it's so very important and write every day and it's as hard for them as it is for you .

The3ofUs

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 08:47:35 am »
Thanks for the advice (: I will write him everyday and will be the best support I can be.

armywife5809

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 11:30:30 pm »
I agree with them. I'm pregnant with mine & my husbands 3rd child & he has been gone since I got pregnant. He was actually gone to basic/ait, came home for 2 weeks before he deployed & I got preggers while he was home. It is very tough being prego & raising 2 other children. The biggest thing is writing & talking on the phone as much as possible. U will both be emotional & it will be hard for both of u. He needs the support as much as u do. Atleast u have family u can turn too. He will be meeting all new people. I visited my husband a lot during his basic/ait.  He was gone for 7 months & I drove to South Carolina 3 times to see him. Now he is in South Korea so obviously I can't just go see him. Be strong! Talk about everything

FutureMrsSines

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 02:11:30 am »
I am a ex military wife. My husband at the time joined after I had our daughter. It was very had is my daughter was 4 month when he left. I didn't have a great marriage since my at the time of 2 years cheated on me in tech school and not just once. But every man is different. You never know what can happen. Just support him as much as he supports you.