Author Topic: Contractions?  (Read 603 times)

c.olson

Contractions?
« on: September 25, 2011, 07:58:15 pm »
I am 31w 4d and have been experiencing nesting. I literally cannot stop myself from going nonstop cleaning, organizing and getting ready for my baby boy to get here! Today I went way over board with the cleaning, I didnt sit down all day and have not drank as much water as I should. Now I am experiencing contractions, I think. My stomach keeps tightening up and cramping. My back is killing me too. Its happening regularly, about 3 min apart for the past hour. They were getting more painful but now im laying down and seem to feel a little better. Any advice on what I should do? Is this just braxton hicks or possibly preterm labor?

tina03

Re: Contractions?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 08:07:25 pm »
Its braxtons hicks because  u over did it today. Youe body is also dehydrated. Drink a big pitcher of water. Then drink some juice to. Your sugar could be low which can cause contractions in some women. After u drink the water they should slow down if they dnt then i would call your dr.

AJKJsmom

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 08:40:51 pm »
If they ease up when you change your activity ie lay down after being up or getting up after laying down for awhile then it's not true labor just relax you should be fine

c.olson

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 08:54:43 pm »
Thanks!! They finally went away:) I saw somewhere that regular uti/bladder infections can cause preterm labor as well, ive practically had a uti this entire pregnancy so that added to my concern a lot!

scentsyme

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 11:56:57 pm »
Im 31 weeks and experienced the same thing. . . Everyone including my dr nurse said they were braxt hix contractions. So I put it off a few days and low and behold im sitting in the hospital being monitored because im having them every 10 minutes. Boooo lol. . . What's your due date im due november 28. . .

c.olson

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 11:59:57 pm »
Im due November 23. I had contractions consistantly tonight for over 4 hrs, they were 2 1/2 min apart and lasted 30-40 sec each, I tried it all to get rid of them but nothing worked. Im laying in bed now and still getting them bit not nearly as bad as before. Painful, but not as close together! What happenef when you went to the hospital?