Author Topic: when/ways to tell parents your pregnant  (Read 435 times)

MommySLR

when/ways to tell parents your pregnant
« on: September 24, 2012, 10:07:37 pm »
I am 5 1/2 weeks pregnant and my family is going to flip about me being pregnant. most say were too young and not financially really(just making comments from previous conversations). and my mom absolutely hates my husband lol. so I'm really scared to tell them and I've heard some people send cards with US or whatever(I live about an hour away) but my sister says that slack haha help!

TiffaniB

Re: when/ways to tell parents your pregnant
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 10:24:21 pm »
I would call them and talk to them about all of yall getting together for dinner or something along those lines and come out with it in way that you no for sure that it will be ok. The worse thing that can happen is them be mad. It has to come out either way cause it will weigh on you chest until you do. I hope the  dinner part is a thought. Hope it works out for yall. Good luck!

#3forme

• Due 11/15 with a boy
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 11:07:02 pm »
You can wait until your past the 12 week mark but honesty is the best policy. If they think you're too young that may be their way of saying your not mature enough. So you should make sure that they find out from you & not someone else. You can still tell them in a fun or cute way. Just know that no
matter how they react to give them some time to soak it in. They're your family & hopefully they'll come around & support you. Good luck

magiwilliams

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 11:10:40 pm »
My family was the same wash with my first.. My mom found out by going through my stuff and found a baby book a friend has given me...

Is best to tell them and not let them finds out..

You are married, and is your body and child you have to take care... everyone will have an opinion, but dint let then get to you..

Congrats

Uggysmummy

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 11:23:59 pm »
Im scared about telling my parents too. I wrote a letter to my mum so i could say what i needed to say. I invited her over and asked her to read the letter. There was screaming and yelling and then she left, we didn't speak for 3 months. My whole family cut me off but now my son is 17 months and they absolutely adore him! But now i have to tell them we're pregnant again Eek!
Good luck hun, just remember that if they react badly, the will eventually come around. My dad didn't speak to me till the day my son was born, but he was so proud that day wrote me a beautiful letter and now my son and dad are best buddies

JenFerrari

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 11:27:05 pm »
I waited til I was 12 weeks. And I'm a chicken... I texted my mom, then called. I bawled, she was calm. My sister was 17 weeks ahead of me. She just had her son last monday (on her friggin due date!) and I'm at 24 weeks now, with a girl. My parents are now stoked :) Just took time getting used to the situation lol. Good luck hun!

Mummy2Be :)

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 06:18:12 am »
Im 18 bf 24 wed been together 9ish months wen i fell pregs however we dixnt find out till we was together 10 months at 7-8 weeks, we waz both scared to.tell our parents even my bf was scared to tell hes mum at the gd age of 24 lol me on other hand i was scared totallt i knew my mum wudnt b happy and thought my dad was go ape shit... And the way i told them was not grwat.... Said needed docs cus kept gwtin tummy ache ect ( i really went to talk about pregnancy) and got home and said to mum they said it cus might be havin a baby (i had took 4 tests withoit her knowin) and shw went oh great, and tgen we had a appt with the nurse for.nurse to do a test and yep positive, then she told dad and didnt really sink in at first and wen it did o thimk they were both ifffy for while but im now 37 weeks n they ok with it my dad was like as lobg as he supoortsvu money wise ( he was givienn me £50 a month bby money) and goes to every appt then thats fine , bf has onli missed 2 appts but had gd reasons lol but yeh jus be honest if anything they will come round eventuully

Mummy2Be :)

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 06:38:04 am »
Oh forgot to add i told emat 9 weeks lol

lil jahn

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 01:31:36 pm »
I was terrified to tell my family..we are both 24 and have been together for 4 years next month. We called his parents over to our house and told them first and knowing his mother she was happy but had a panic attack as she does about everything. Then i called my mom and dad bawling and she asked whats wrong and i made sure she was with my dad and i said youre going to be grandparents. And she said what as she started crying to..but they were very happy. This is the first grandbaby for both sides. All of my siblings were super excited but his brother was not at all. I think he is just now coming around to the idea that he will be an uncle soon. But he never liked me bc i took his brother away as he says. But we have tons of support!!

Be honest with them you never know what the reaction will be but it may take some time for them to warm up to it!! Good luck :)