Author Topic: stressed.  (Read 477 times)

taliciaf24

stressed.
« on: September 16, 2013, 05:01:15 pm »
My son is suspended from school for two days....  School hasn't even been in session for two months. I just...  Have No idea what to do anymore.

sobieearth

Re: stressed.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 05:54:02 pm »
Ugh. The some teachers hate to deal with anything. Im sure they could have come up with a better solution. How much damage could he have done in less than 2 months that the ending result was so drastic? Good luck to you hun.

taliciaf24

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 06:09:03 pm »
I hate the assistant principal. Cannot stand her. He is 6 years old! They let him throw chairs, take his clothes of and spit for a whole freaking hour before calling me! I was livid. They know he's autistic. I should have been called immediately. She started yelling at him, and I had to act like a Hood rat on her. You don't yell at a special needs child at any time, especially when his very pregnant mother is 1 foot away from you!

sobieearth

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 07:25:43 pm »
What a mess!  Hopefully you can go to the board of ed and complain.  Im not sure what part of him acting out they didn't get.  Hope things work out.

Emmalynsmommy3

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 07:28:08 pm »
Poor baby! I worked with autistic kids at my old daycare, my whole class was autistic & we would never do anything like that! There are ways to calm them down! Yelling only makes it worse. I would report them if they don't know the proper way to care for him! Good luck Hun!

taliciaf24

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 08:34:21 pm »
Ugh. He hasn't been listening all day since he's been home. We have a meeting with the school on Wednesday morning with his iep and the counselor. I just don't know what to do anymore. I can't just quit my job and be a sahm. Trying not to be stressed in this situation is really difficult. He's too smart and manipulative for his own good! It makes disciplining him a huge task! 

Emmalynsmommy3

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 10:47:45 pm »
I'm sorry! I wish I could help or say I know how you feel but I only dealt with autistic kids for 10 hours a day 5 days a week not full time & I'm sure it is way different as a parent than a teacher! I wish you all the best & I hope that things turn around for you! I can't imagine how stressed you are. I will def pray for you!

waltmeier

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 11:02:36 pm »
I can't believe they're using negative reinforcements! Completely and totally the wrong approach.

taliciaf24

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 11:08:23 pm »
Ty @emmalyn much appreciated.  @Waltmier I was beyond livid. I've never had to get ghetto at my son's school. Today was a first. I'm pretty sure the assistant principal caught me looking at her webbed toes, Lol. It was really difficult being a momma bear with her toes starring at me! I know that is so horrible.

allycook

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 11:22:08 pm »
Thats not acting like a hood rat to me i would have went the eff off to that bullshit you were being a protective mother