Author Topic: recovery from a c section  (Read 827 times)

mrsgreene1725

Re: recovery from a c section
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2013, 03:42:59 pm »
From what my lactation doctor has told me, your uterus contracts for 3-5 days while breastfeeding. Don't know why though.. I'll have to ask at my next appointment.

BabyDeanmakes3

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2013, 03:51:31 pm »
The contracting is a hormone thing. When you bf you produce oxytocin, which causes contractions. Helps your uterus shrink back to normal and heal faster.

Rooney85

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2013, 04:54:46 pm »
Your uterus contracts when breast feeding/pumping, the contracting is it shrinking back to normal size.

MommysPrideNJoy

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2013, 06:53:11 pm »
The worst part for me was getting outta bed for the first time. Ask when is the soonest u can be up and moving some because itll help u heal much faster! I got the staples n honestly it wasnt that bad i didnt even feel my nurse take them out. Also i recommend using ur own big girl panties with there pads because even though there huge n uncomfortable (at first) u will bleed alot the first 2 days n those pads will keep u feeling clean. Also dont put soap directly on ur insizion when u shower just let it kinda make its way across ur waist as u wash ur body and hair and make sure to dry it good. Dont wipe it though. Dab it. And before u leave make sure to ask for Dermastrips. And once ur home after u shower n dab dry use ur hairdryer to dry it aswell not on high just enough to dry it itll help u alot! Just listen to ur body. Its not that bad.

mommyof2smiles

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2013, 09:34:12 pm »
Hmm I'll ask my doc on Tuesday

susan

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 06:28:42 am »
I have a high tolerance for pain but I found that walking was a big help for me. Definitely get comfy panties that won't have the elastic right at the incision.  Keep it cleaned good so it won't get infected.  Don't pick up anything heavier then your baby. I found that out the hard way you will feel like your pulling into if you do. Good luck.