Author Topic: Diapers...  (Read 562 times)

ProudMommyAgain

Diapers...
« on: September 15, 2013, 09:33:38 pm »
Giving me a headache! Planed out how many per pack, price, how many I would need per size then take a look into my sons room where I have old empty diaper boxes filled with random things and find out you do indeed get a better deal with the boxes at least 8-10 more diapers for free.. So now I guess I'm just going to buy 2-3 boxes per size every week we don't have to buy Jace diapers I mean it would just really suck to have to spend 40$ all at once on diapers and I know bf isn't going to agree only to later say oh I wish we stocked up on diapers befor hand he's the type I'll buy it when baby is here! Ugh!. Anyways anyone else stocking up? And how many boxes per size are you buying? Jace is a big boy and didn't stay in one size very long he's only 10 months and already in 5's lol

taliciaf24

Re: Diapers...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 10:15:40 pm »
I have 5 or 6 boxes. And a little pack of newborns. Lol. But I'll only have one kid that'll need diapers. I think your idea is good if you're buying diapers for two!

MommysPrideNJoy

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 12:09:32 am »
I got a 2 bag and 2 boxes of newborn & a bag & box of 1's to start. My son is 9 days and we haven't opened the boxes yet...but the first 4 days we were in the hospital...they go up to 10lbs supposedly so well see...u can always return the box in exchange for a bigger size(:

BookWormMom

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 12:25:53 pm »
I tried doing the stocking up and now that baby is here I was way off. I realized it depends on how big your baby is when s/he's born. I didn't buy a lot of newborns at all, but a lot of 1 and 2. I'm on my fourth week now of needing newborn size diapers. He was born 6lbs 12oz. He's about 8-9lbs now. I tried the size one and they still overpower him, lol.

BabyDeanmakes3

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 01:04:58 pm »
Same thing happened to me bookworm. Everyone told me I wouldn't really need any nb diapers-we've already gone through 2 boxes, a 60 pk plus 40 we brought home from the hospital. And he was 8#2oz at birth lol! He'll be 5 wk Wednesday, and he's just now almost big enough for 1's. Just depends on baby's shape. Get at least a 60 pk of nb to start off, plus 1's & 2's. Then buy after baby's here-exhausting but better than having tons of space taken up by diapers you can't use yet.

jljenes

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 01:22:37 pm »
My youngest son was in nb for four months he was born 6lbs and stayed that way for the months to the point they thought I was not feeding him but he was a little piggy with a very high metabolism he is three and still measured under weight

waltmeier

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 03:01:33 pm »
Wow my daughter is a chunky one! She is 4 weeks old and we started her on size 1. She's up to 8 lbs 14 oz already. We gave away the newborns we bought.

LoveM-J1229522

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 05:40:32 pm »
My son was 5 14 we only used wat we had of newborns which was a few jumbo packs. Then we switchd to ones they were a little big but u can fold them down a little if neccessary although this time ive decided to wait instead of stocking up to much. 

jlsmom06

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 09:53:03 pm »
Learn to coupon if ur in the states :) I have amassed many diapers for 1/4 or less the price not worried at all about running low any time soon