Author Topic: recovery from a c section  (Read 816 times)

mommyof2smiles

recovery from a c section
« on: September 14, 2013, 04:22:54 pm »
What will I need? How will I feel? What can't I do? ....

Rooney85

Re: recovery from a c section
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 04:33:27 pm »
It varies but my biggest saviours were a small taped up rolled towel that I held against my incision when walking, coughing, sneezing or laughing for the first few days. Soft cotton granny panties (high waist, incision will be right above your pube line and where bikini cut undies hit).

BookWormMom

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 04:53:19 pm »
Yep, definitely need panties that practically go up your chest. Regular panties will dig into your incision and can cause irritation/infection. You may not feel the panties digging into your incision cause you'll be numb around that area for awhile. Pads, pain meds that they'll prescribed for you, and rest as much as you can. I'm not going to lie, having had two c-sections the first few days from the time you start getting out of bed is PAINFUL. If you have a higher tolerance to pain than you should be fine. I, however, needed my mother to stay for a week to help while I healed cause I could not just jump out of bed to get to the baby. It took me time to get out of bed to cause the least amount of pain as possible. Definitely take it easy. Even when you feel normal again after about a week or two still take it easy cause you'll still be healing in the inside. Good luck! :D

taliciaf24

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 05:01:25 pm »
High granny panties, I had a lot of very loose fitting sweat pants, loose t shirts, and old people night gowns. Lol.

Kt022713

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 05:04:00 pm »
I wore regular underwear and never had a problem. The boy shorts kind. I only took my pain meds for a few days and I was good

mommyof2smiles

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 05:14:00 pm »
Ok so something to hold up against the incision when I laugh or sneeze and granny panties lol and I can take the pain meds they give me if I'm breast feeding right? So am I not going to be able to lift up my baby for the first week? Or will I be able to and it will take me like an hour to do it?

Rooney85

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 05:25:35 pm »
You can breast feed, let them know you intend on it and they'll give you safe meds. Just be careful lifting baby. Its hard to bend way down, so remember that if hes in a bouncy on the floor just move slow.

ccls1+twins-on-theway

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 06:01:06 pm »
Yes you can pick up baby, but nothing heavier than baby. Granny panties were a must for me. I used to wear boy shorts but they might have been a tad too tight for my post baby body and stopped about 2" above my scar (mine is just below the hairline) and for some reason the area was always more tender and swollen when I wore regular underwear. The pain was worse after a few days than at the beginning when it was going in constantly through the epidural line. At home I didn't need to take as much as prescribed so it was bearable. I was breastfeeding. They prescribed motrin 600 or 800 I don't remember, and Vicodin for the pain. Bleeding didn't require more than normal pads for me.

LoveM-J1229522

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 06:07:39 pm »
U can defly lift up baby. But jys b careful lifting other things lik ur older son. ;) sry but he mayb a little too heavy. U can tak the pain meds wen u are breast feeding but if u hav a good tolerance for pain i honestly wuld say its not tht bad. I agree with the other ladies u need comfy panties not necessarily granny but jus very comfy and not to low cut. And if u feel u need something to hold against ur incision a small pillow wrks good but i dodnt find it neccessary either. Really its not as bad as it seems or some ppl describe ull b fine if u had him reg ud do pretty much the same things lik wear comfy clothes and tak it easy for a couple weeks.

mommyof2smiles

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 08:39:53 pm »
Ok good someone said I couldn't lift up baby because it would be to painful. All I have is bikini low cut panties so I guess I have to go buy some really big comfy panties lol.. at least I know what to expect thank you ladies for all the great info it really helps alot :)

BookWormMom

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 09:05:35 pm »
You can definitely hold/pick up baby. In fact, that's all they recommend you do pick up.

knschenck

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 10:14:19 pm »
My hospital gave me disposal mesh panties and I loved them. I suggest bringing ur own pads cuz the hospital ones suck...at least my hospital did.. I actually had my own but my mom took them home and kept forgetting 2 bring them back. If u get glued up the incision pain is not that bad. It stings a lil when u move around but other than that its bearable. Im a week 1/2 pp and have no more incision pain.

mommyof2smiles

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 10:50:42 pm »
Awesome okay so ask for glue!

LoveM-J1229522

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 11:15:14 pm »
Ive had glue and staples i prefer staples i got infectd with the glue id jus trust watever ur doc chooses or ask him wat the benefits are of each one. The hospital pads do suck bc they are so thick but i still took them bc they arecurs once they are in ur room and i used them as breast pads jus cut them in half

Rooney85

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 11:31:45 pm »
Lol am I the only one who HATED the mesh panties?? They were all scratchy on my butt. It was like having undies made out of scratchy fishnets!

LoveM-J1229522

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 12:07:50 am »
I did too @rooney id prefer my own panties with both my babies first thing i sed was i want to shower or wash up and put my bra and panties on. Id jys bug the nurses till they came and helpd me. Lol

mommyof2smiles

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 02:40:58 am »
Lol... I guess I'll see what is better there panties or mine I liked the ice packs they brought made out of diapers for my vagina when I vaginally delivered felt so good.

knschenck

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 07:38:20 am »
I had some fishnet mesh panties and plain mesh. I agree the plain mesh r better than the fishnet ones. But my bleeding was not that bad. Really only heavy when I pump.

mommyof2smiles

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2013, 03:23:19 pm »
Why heavy when you pump?

LoveM-J1229522

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2013, 03:42:10 pm »
I think bfing is pose to help u heal faster lik helps ur uterus go bav to nornL faster and stuff idk tho but mayb thts y. !?