Author Topic: Ouch...  (Read 545 times)

brittanygaw

Ouch...
« on: March 15, 2012, 09:07:06 pm »
So far one person has RSVP ed to my shower next month. =\ my aunt. That's it. My "best friend" just made up some "excuse" that she can't come. Sorry for my language. But fuck this. I don't even want to have a shower if my friends won't come help me celebrate our baby. It's not about the gifts, it's about how shady people are. Not even my family that's in town has called to RSVP. =[ ERGHHHHH! I'm pretty upset. =\ should I not be? =[ do I sound like a brat? I'm sad. Sorry. Just had to vent.

loveme

Re: Ouch...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 09:09:30 pm »
Do ur family and friends normally rsvp? Since its not until next month they maybe waiting until last min. Don't lose hope so early.

brittanygaw

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 09:11:25 pm »
They always RSVP. It's pretty big in my family. And it's mainly my "best friend" that's bugging me.

Alaina

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 09:12:25 pm »
I would be sad too, is there any chance they are planning on coming just bad at rsvping? That would be my family.

KiMiLynne

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 09:12:30 pm »
I'd be really sad too, you don't sound like a brat it hurts when friends are flaky! Hopefully you get more RSVPs before your shower and it ends up amazing!!!

loveme

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 09:13:56 pm »
Oh I still don't think u should change ur mind about having one. Its a time to have fun and talk about the baby that's coming. If I was near u I would come lol

Mumofmandk

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 09:14:11 pm »
Sorry hun. Hopefully it will turn out better than u hoped. Friends do that all the time by the way.
Mum of two princesses and a prince on the way.

brittanygaw

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 09:25:39 pm »
Well I don't have many friends. And the ones I thought wouldn't come, are coming. And my "good friends" that I would expect to do all they could to be there, aren't. =\ I'm not canceling it. Because I'm not throwing it for myself. My dads fiancé is. And she's super excited about it. So there will be a FEW people there. =\ just no RSVP's yet.

mummy2jayde

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 09:35:08 pm »
Aw that sucks, but just think there is still time. I felt like shit coz all my.friends had baby showers, but not one of my friends or family even offered to throw me one for either of my pregnancies. So no one bought us anything I had to buy it all myself! Even if only two ppl rocked up, its still more than wat I had!

jamielynnef2

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 10:57:16 pm »
My shower was last weekend and I was bummed the day of it bc only two people had rsvpd and the morning of the shower one of those two people text me telling me she was sorry but she couldn't make it bc her lil girl was sick...I.felt bad bc my best friend went all out for this shower....but ...15 people showed up that didn't rsvp and some who ended up not bejn able to make it had sent gift cards or presents with other people ...so its still quite a bit aways...try not to stress sweetie...

Aussiemummy

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 05:50:11 am »
Aww that sucks. Still go through sith it ppl mite turn up.
Currently pregnant with my third HG baby.

miranda33

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 06:59:43 pm »
Ya my "close" friend told me she had to clean her kitchen and thats why she couldnt come.. i was so hurt. U can clean ur kitchen any time my baby shower is only once... u have a right to be upset. I would too. I hope more people rsvp