Poll

Dont know

Yes
5 (83.3%)
No?
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Sooo fiance wants to take me shooting...  (Read 1227 times)

Paulinalovee

Sooo fiance wants to take me shooting...
« on: March 15, 2012, 08:01:23 pm »
So I am 20 weeks and one day today and my fiancw wants to take me to a shooting.range.  I've never been before, I thinkit would be alot of fun...does anyone know if its okay to go preggers? Lol like I'm not sure if it will be to loud for my little boy.

Aussiemummy

Re: Sooo fiance wants to take me shooting...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 08:15:11 pm »
I went fo a shooting range once, I wS soo scared haha. I tgink it would be reeeally loud & also the chemicals that get on you might not be good?
Currently pregnant with my third HG baby.

Paulinalovee

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 08:17:51 pm »
Okay yeah thats what I was also thinking lol thanks :)

armywife910

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 08:41:11 pm »
Its so fun! I haven't gone since I got pregnant.  My husband is gone a lot n will be deploying soon so I Have to know how to shoot

Paulinalovee

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 09:12:47 pm »
How fun! So do you think it is okay for me to go?

britfc

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 09:15:45 pm »
I think it would be okay , I've wanted to go hunting but I just don't have time . My aunt when hunting when she was 4 & 5 months so I think you would be fine.  Her little girl is perfectly fine so I'd say go for it and have fun !

armywife910

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 09:24:21 pm »
I think it would be okay but just look it up or make a quick call to a doc. They keep the rooms ventilated

romack1001

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 10:20:54 pm »
It's so much fun, my husband n I have gone a few times, he wants me to get my carrying concealment license so he was showing me how to use them.

But any way, I'm not sure if it would be a problem. Hopefully you can go, its so fun :)

kendra91

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 10:31:58 pm »
I don't think it poses a threat to the baby so long as you aren't wiping around a cannon or anything but it is fun to go shooting

aoi tomoe

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 10:36:20 pm »
I don't know that its ok or not but I am posting that it is tons of fun I even own my own gun and love it!

Jesser

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 12:56:09 am »
I love shooting but I'd day hold off while pregnant. Noise is amplified in liquids. that's why you are supposed to put headphones on your tummy for baby to listen to music. I think guns would be way too loud

sjalley

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 07:06:54 am »
OK. Its perfectly OK to go shooting.g while pregnant. Just wash ur hands really good and make sure its ventalated. My faience and I go shooting all the time and I'm 14 weeks. They say it gets the baby use to it b4 hand. Ur belly and placenta act as a sound wall so its muffled. The only reason I know its perfectly safe is that my faience is in law enforment and he asked the range master b4 we went the first time after we found out.

cerelious

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 11:01:28 am »
I go shooting all the time. Im a member of the NRA, and they love when preggers go shooting. Lol. Im 28 weeks, and my little girl hardly squirms when I shoot. I've got a 30yot6(sp) and a 12 guage and a .45.

Chacha07

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 11:40:59 am »
we just got a new pistol and I really wanted to test it out! But im 32 weeks and my doctor told me and everything I've read has confirmed it, that its safe to shoot in ur first and second tri, but not in the 3rd. It can harm babies ears that late in pregancy...

armywife252

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 01:28:15 pm »
I shot up until I was around 30 weeks. At 22 weeks I was laying prone in the desert in Vegas shooting a .50 BMG and a .308 panther. You can ask your doc, I did and he said he had no idea to just do what I was comfortable with...