Author Topic: c section question  (Read 444 times)

youngmama2be.

c section question
« on: February 24, 2013, 12:06:29 pm »
How long is recovery and are you alert enough to be able to hold your child after its born? That might be a stupid question but i really don't know. I'm going to try to have him naturally but if i can't i was just wondering...

bm61798

Re: c section question
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 12:14:24 pm »
It is not a stupod question. Here is the deal from my personal exp. I have done both and I say natural vaginal all the way but if you can not to answer your question for me the recovery was not bad I did not use pain meds. You really have to push yourself to move around asap. With my births I could not hold my babies they both had fluid in their lungs witch is common after csection births. But other then that it is not the horror story some people make it. I was very affraid for nothing other then the complication with baby he is home with me and healthy. Sorry so long I wanted to give ya a good answer.

Kt022713

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 01:30:34 pm »
I held my daughter while I was still in the operating room. And then breast fed her right when I got to the recovery room not even 10 minutes after she was born. Recovery wasn't bad either. By the time I left the hospital it didn't hurt to walk and within a week I felt almost normal again

youngmama2be.

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 04:46:41 pm »
Thank you ladies! I don't want him taken away from me right after i give birth to him! I've waited this long and when he's out i just want to hood him asap ;) lol

Birthspring

• Birthspring doula services
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 05:03:41 pm »
I've had 7 surgical deliveries and I didn't feel well enough for 20 hours or so.

meganb

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 07:37:06 pm »
I was able to hold and feed him just like kt but recovery has been a little difficult for me but I'm overweight and have a belly and I have to wear a support band if I'm standing cuz the weight pulls at my incision.

Gaabs

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 10:02:04 pm »
I held my son 45 minutes after surgey but they had to put me to sleep after he came out because I could feel everything. My recovery was rough as well. Took me the full 2 weeks to feel half normal

JessCar76

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 10:58:59 pm »
I had my daughter at 9:14 pm, went to recovery at 10 pm, was taken to post partum room at 2 am and was brought my daughter at 3 am. I was able to hold her, breastfeed her and keep her in the room with me until we were discharged 3 days later. It has now been 2 weeks tomorrow and I feel back to normal already.

mommy2be217

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 02:39:54 pm »
Well for my recovery it was only 1week&a half and i was good. But then right after sergery i started having pain 30 mins later lol and yeah yu will be able to hold yur baby and feel alert yur wide awake threw EVERYRHING lol so dont worrie about it just relax and think about the positive stuff like.. atleast yur whoohaa wont be riped lol

PeanutBrewing

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 05:54:11 pm »
Yes alert. No pain for me. I had great Dr's. I don't know about holding them b/c I had a premature delivery of twins so they showed them to me, let hubby snap pics,did measurements & all then took them to NICU. Overall tho, I'd recommend the c-sec to anyone, based on my experience with the surgery itself. I believe as a result of the spinal AND nerves (kicked in as i was prepping to go in to surgery) I did have excessive shaking & teeth chattering & tension I couldn't shake for the next 4 hrs. Recovery was 2 weeks.