Author Topic: advice please please please!  (Read 656 times)

AMbuhER

advice please please please!
« on: August 16, 2012, 09:44:13 pm »
So on Tuesday night I went to l&d cause I was having contractions I was 34w4d. they said I was having contractions, but wasn't dialating, gave me meds to stop the contractions, it worked and sent me home with a sleeping pill.

Today same issue. Went to l&d the mortar and Dr said I wasn't having contractions, and am only dialated to about a finger tip, which on Tuesday I wasn't at all. So they said they can't do anything its just pain from being pregnant.

I have a son and know what contractions feel like.I'm confused why are they telling me different things? Why would the meds take the pain away if it wasn't contractions? Why am I home in do much pain? What can I do? When do I actually go in, if this its the results?

Oh btw its every 5took mins.

Babyglecksmom

Re: advice please please please!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 09:46:16 pm »
Guess they won't do anything until there's a baby sticking out of you, sorry your going through that I hope you get some relief soon

AMbuhER

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 09:48:01 pm »
And now I'm bleeding

Bentleys mommy

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 09:51:51 pm »
Go get checked. Hope all is ok.

mommy_again

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 09:52:19 pm »
I would go back in and have them check you again.

AMbuhER

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 09:57:09 pm »
I'm just afraid they will day the same thing, does it make a difference if its tissuey kinda dark blood?

omi_ricks

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 10:18:00 pm »
Sounds like your mucus plug.

AMbuhER

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 10:25:08 pm »
Called the dr. they basically said oh well. When the hell do I actually go in?! They won't stop my contractions again cause I'm 35 weeks as of tomorrow. I'm so confused and frustrated ):

Expecting4thKiddo

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 10:38:51 pm »
You poor thing, can u time them, u are having contractions, they just arent doing the work they are suposed to, just try and hang in there, I can only imagine how upset u are, take tylenol, take a shower, if they are unbearable go back in and demand pain relief, unfortunatly they wont admit u until ur dilating, they wont induce cause ur 35 weeks,real labor got to b close hun, big hugs, breathe

AMbuhER

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 11:16:41 pm »
They have been 5 to 7 mins apart. I took a bath which usually helps, but nothing. I really hope they induce me as soon as they can I have an ultra sound on Tuesday and I will ask then, Idk why this its happening. I have lupus with this pregnancy so Idk if that could be the cause. Hopefully they will plan on inducing me as soon as its safe I'm so tired of all this pain..

Azmommy

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 12:24:58 am »
Mine were like that for 2.5 weeks.  I was 5 cm by the time I actually went into labor...which only lasted two hours.  Hang in thete.  The further you are when labor really kicks in the better! Hang in there!

Smiling Dawn

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 12:49:04 am »
I am so sorry you are going thru this. I have a history of going into preterm labor & birth, & yeah it frustrates me when they make me feel like the second girl up there said. The baby has to be sticking out b/4 they think you're serious. Even if you're spotting or bleeding, it seems like you have to be loosing pints of blood b/4 they this think you're serious. I suppose if you can do things at home to relax like hot showers, staying extra hydrated, and laying on your left side should help until You go back in. But on the other hand if you're concerned just go back in anyways. Good luck & God bless.

AMbuhER

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 12:56:30 am »
Thank you ladies. There are about 15 mins apart now, hopefully they quit soon

Mrs.Robinson :)

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 01:49:15 am »
I hope everything works out! Sorry you're having such a hard time.

sosweet94

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 05:09:53 am »
Go to another hospital they sound so stupid what if somethings really wrong ? You don't wanna live with regret

Birthspring

• Birthspring doula services
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 10:58:00 am »
I had that for 3 weeks. It prepares you and baby. I know it's rough but it sounds like things are moving along. If you start moaning you might want to go in again. In the meantime, get on all fours, soak in a bath, sit on a yoga ball, remember to be calm, relaxed, deep slow breaths. (hugs)

AMbuhER

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 03:00:28 pm »
Thanks ladies. Today isn't much better, I'm getting cranky and tired. And I have an intense head ache I'm super thirsty and have no appetite.

Birthspring

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 03:11:54 pm »
Keep drinking and if you just can't eat, try smart water, nutrition shakes, even a banana milkshake. :) I'm so sorry, I wish I was there!

AMbuhER

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 03:49:40 pm »
Thanks. I always love your advice birthspring (:

Birthspring

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 07:48:47 pm »
Oh, you're welcome! You're in my thoughts and prayers. We are due around the same time and hubby.and I aren't even having sex right now because I have too much going on right now to risk going into labor!