Author Topic: a weird feeling  (Read 572 times)

mamarobinson

a weird feeling
« on: August 15, 2012, 04:08:30 pm »
So I am 14w 3d. I have had mild mentral-like cramping on and off the whole time but nothing out of the ordinary. About 2 days ago, my lower right side (right below/next to my hip bone) it felt super hard and I could feel the pressure whenever I bent over or laid on my stomach. Today, I feel like everything in my lower abdomen is hard and squeezing together. Not exactly pain, but it is constant. Its a discomfort feeling. I usually expand a lil after I eat, but I feel like things are more so sucking in almost. What is this weird feeling?! I set up a dr appt tomorrow, but I'm curious now!!

Birthspring

• Birthspring doula services
Re: a weird feeling
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 04:26:22 pm »
I wonder if they are contractions?

mamarobinson

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 04:37:55 pm »
Is it possible to have them so early? And is that safe? I'm freakin out!

Babyglecksmom

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 04:44:25 pm »
Tightening sounds like Braxton hicks which everyone starts having around 9weels but most ppl don't feel them until 20ish weeks and some never feel them, I started feeling them around 18 weeks so maybe? I'm sure the dr will be able to tell you, I also had period like cramPs on and off my whole pregnancy it's normal!

mamarobinson

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 05:47:01 pm »
That is crazy, to think that could possibly be it. Whatever it is, its started to ease up a bit. I just hope its nothing serious and that everything is okay!!

knewmommy89

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 09:45:36 pm »
I felt bh at 9 weeks so you could be feeling that but I'd avoid laying on your stomach. It might not be harmful yet but it's good to stop the habit early!

iampam2005

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 10:14:29 pm »
Laying on your stomach isn't harmful. It may be uncomfortable in late pregnancy but you can't harm the baby.

mamarobinson

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 09:52:26 am »
I sleep with a body pillow now, but I toss and turn soo much every night! I can't ever get comfortable. Sometimes I feel best laying on my stomach or back, even if its just for a little bit.

mamarobinson

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 01:46:10 pm »
Went to the dr today and the NP said everything looks great, baby is doing wonderful! The pain I was feeling is just bc I'm slightly dehydrated and due to my uterus starting to move up, so its pulling/stretching some stuff and moving some things around!

PeanutBrewing

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 02:10:30 pm »
Good to hear that it's all okay. That's such a relief. Be sure to keep hydrated. It's also very good for blood/nutrient flow to the baby. Best of luck!

mamarobinson

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 10:39:15 am »
I just can't believe she said I'm dehydrated! I feel like I drink so much water!! Is there anything else to drink that will keep me hydrated??