Author Topic: Angry uterus!  (Read 356 times)

Rooney85

Angry uterus!
« on: June 12, 2013, 05:43:13 pm »
Anyone have any experience with irritable uterus? My mw thinks that may be my problem. What are the worries with this??? She restricted my activities, if contractions start again I have to go to L&D. I have an appointment friday to talk more about it. Until then my feet are up and i'm drinking an ocean of water!

ccls1+twins-on-theway

Re: Angry uterus!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 10:19:58 pm »
Me me! I had contractions from 20 weeks on and since nothing could explain them it was thrown into the "you have an irritable uterus" category. BHs when I stand up, sit, turn around in bed, touch my belly, baby girl sticks her foot on my cervix... cervix ended up shortening and funneling which sent me on my way to preform labor. At 26-27 weeks I was put on home bed rest with meds to limit the contractions and told to drink at least 80 oz of water a day. Babies made it to their 36.5 weeks scheduled arrival and were/are healthy.
It's manageable :)

Rooney85

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 10:43:03 pm »
Oh good! That sounds waaay less terrifying then what dr google said. Lol my midwife is far away and I was wondering why she wasnt freaking out more after spending the afternoon on the internetz. Haha

ccls1+twins-on-theway

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 11:42:46 pm »
:-)
Just wanted to clarify that it doesn't mean that you will end up in preterm labor, you might just have to take it easy, drink water, and deal with some BH contractions. Oh and it didn't happen to me on the first pregnancy, only on the second one.

Rooney85

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 12:07:08 am »
My first I went into labor at 27 weeks and they just gave me a shot and put me on bedrest for a month. It wasnt so horrible. Now I'm only 21 weeks and that doesnt seem a good way to spend the second half of my pregnancy!

ccls1+twins-on-theway

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 12:24:52 am »
21 weeks, that's tough! I am pretty active so i had a hard time getting (and staying) on bed rest :-P

Rooney85

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 12:34:01 am »
I told my mw that bedrest with a two year old is some kind of cruel joke. Lol I trained horses through my last pregnancy until that happend and I was totally like "woot! Bedrest!" It was only fun the first day or two. This time around... Lots of Dora... Lol  glad it turned out well for you! 36weeks with twins is awesome anyways!

babyno.3

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 02:00:24 am »
Yes! I went to the er a few days ago and come to find out i have an irritable uterus. They gave me a shot to stop it from contracting and sent me home. Now i think its back so im trying relax as much as possible with a two year old boy..smh. Goodluck.ladies! 30 weeks 2 days.!(: