Author Topic: I'm not a bad mother...  (Read 380 times)

Dessie_Taylor

I'm not a bad mother...
« on: June 12, 2013, 04:27:25 pm »
So I'm 25 weeks and her name is Taylor.I have done a couple of unhealthy things.I drinked wine like 5 times and now I feel guilty.I've been stressed but its no escuse.I love my baby todeath and now I'm worried about her.My bf showed me that it was okay in the enternet but what does he know.He just wants to enjoy himself before she gets here which is fine.I tell myself stop but he talks me into it.I also stop taking my prenatal cause I just throw it back up.What do I do I'm stressing myself out which is the other unhealthy thing I'm doing.idk anymore so much is going on and this is my first.I just want to have the perfect pregnancy be a perfect mom and have her be perfectly healthy.

dontknowwhatildomummy

Re: I'm not a bad mother...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 05:54:41 pm »
The alcohol amounts depends on if you should worry. If you've had the odd glass of wine here and there then you're boyfriend is pretty much right there is little to worry about. I drank the odd glass whilst pregnant with my son and hes a picture of health, the fact is they dont for sure whether small amounts are dangerous or not so if you're bothered just dont have anymore. As for the
Pregnancy tabs if you cant take them just get a cereal fortified with folic acid or other food products what they dont tell you is if you have a healthy diet you dont need to take them and because of morning sickness in the first trimester they recommend you have them incase you dont feel like eating. The fact that are concerned about all these things already makes you a great mum so try to relax hun. :-)

taliciaf24

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 07:23:07 pm »
I have to take my prenatals right before I go to bed!! I throw everything up. Lol. It really helps to take them at bedtime with a full glass of water.

twinstobe

• Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 07:38:09 pm »
Try the gummy prenatals :)

BabyDeanmakes3

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 02:59:53 am »
Try taking your vitamins with meals. I would throw up regular vitamins if I didn't before I was pregnant lol. You still need them because we don't necessarily get the full amount of some vitamins/minerals recommended (like folic acid) in our diets-just ask your doc. And they're right about the drinking-as long as you aren't continuing, chances are really good those few times affected baby. :)

susan

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 05:44:13 am »
You can try just taking the folic acid and iron tabs my doctor said those was the 2 main things you need.  They are smaller and I take them with milk if they bother me and I am fine. Good luck.

KmB5229

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 06:37:52 am »
The funnies helped me when I was having trouble keeping the pills down. I drink wine too occassionally, as long as you dont exceed a glass or so in a days time I dont see how it'd hurt. There are woman out there who get trashed while preggo, so a lil bit of wine here n there is nothing to feel guilty about. Plus wine, to an extent is healthy for you, antioxidents and such :) Also, there is no such thing as a perfect parent, we are all human, and as such we are prone to mistakes. The fact you care so much means you're already a great mama and that's all your child could ask for. There's no reason ta me stressing over something like perfection, all that's gana do is cause you more stress than ya need :)

KmB5229

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 06:38:55 am »
Gummies*