Author Topic: is it bad if....  (Read 584 times)

shmee

is it bad if....
« on: February 22, 2013, 02:35:10 am »
If I feel like I'm not connected or feel a bond with my twin boys? I feel sorta numb to the fact I'm pregnant with twins...I'm concerned that I may not get a bond with them. I'm excited and nervous. But I don't know how to feel close to them if that makes any sense....I feel terrible...I want to be a wonderful mother to my sons...I'm just scared ill fail... anyone else feel this way with their baby/s

zoelouise86

Re: is it bad if....
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 03:14:15 am »
Im sure its normal but when you hold them in your arms you will feel silly for thinking that. Xxx

tessmom

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 05:02:09 am »
You'll be ok! Failing isn't an option! Think about it, babies don't know you don't know what you're doing until they are at least 30! ;) hang tough mama. You've got this. It will all fall into place.

shmee

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 08:55:08 am »
Thank you ladies!

TheNewCynthia

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 09:12:38 am »
I thought the same thing early on. I'm a ftm and I couldn't and still can't really imagine what it is gonna feel like. I've never liked kids ESPECIALLY babies but the closer I get the more love I feel for her. It will come don't worry too much. All those mom instincts just kick it! :-)

shmee

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 09:24:33 am »
My mom told me the same thing when she gave birth to me. She was only 16 at the time but she said once she held me in her arms all the mommy instincts kicked in. Hehe. I hoping I will do the same once I hold my boys in my arms.

katybird707

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 03:43:01 pm »
I am someone who knows what you are going through. I am also someone who had the feeling linger afterwards due to postpartum depression. I highly suggest seeking help if it continues. It took me a long time to address the issues I was having, but my daughter and I have an amazing relationship now.

JenFerrari

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 04:13:51 pm »
I had the same problem. Kimberlee is a month old now and just in the last week or two am I actually feeling a connection.

h31d1

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 05:01:12 pm »
Yeah how far are you?? I felt the same thing in the beginning also but i had a mc before this pregnancy and i kind of let myself not get attached if that sounds terrible but i def think its normal the more you go threw ur pregnancy the more u will have and continue to grow love for your little one!! :)

shmee

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 05:28:34 pm »
Ill be 30 weeks tommarrow. I'm talking to a therapist currently to find ways to connect. Im hoping therapy or counseling can guide me into the right path.

4kidsandcounting

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 07:12:10 pm »
Aww hun its normal.. My baby I just had was my 5th and I wasnt connected to her like I was with the others and was worried about it also but when she came out I wanted no one to touch her cus she's MINE! lol...You'll be okay mommy try not to stress off it. :)