Author Topic: pregnant while on iud  (Read 722 times)

ksifo

pregnant while on iud
« on: December 07, 2011, 11:03:53 am »
Hey guys! I'm new to this so I'm not sure how to do it lol. I am 15w 2d pregnant. I got pregnant while on the iud. Has any else had this happen and was the baby ok? I have been to the Dr twice so far but just to get the iud removed. My first real appointment is on Thursday and I'm really nervous for the baby. This is going to be my third child.

lainaleigh

Re: pregnant while on iud
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 02:23:54 pm »
Hi, it happened to me. I went in to get my mirena checked and found out I was pregnant instead. This was the end of march, now I am about ready to pop. They removed mine and my baby is perfectly healthy. The only problem I have had is that none of the due dates I have had are consistent with baby growth. I have about a 4 week window between due dates, I have been told Jan 15th, Jan 6th, Dec 28th and Dec 17th. So far no baby but he will be here soon. That has been the only issue with the pregnancy. I will not go back on the mirena though since I got pregnant on it once and have gotten prregnant on the pill twice lol

ksifo

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 02:35:32 pm »
Wow! What kind of birth control are you going to use after you have your baby? How Long were you on the iud before you got pregnant?

shawnnaplus3

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 02:36:21 pm »
It happened to me.. I didn't find out till I was almost 6 months she's 3 now n she perfectly fine n super healthy good luck. :)

lainaleigh

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 02:39:40 pm »
I got the mirena in September 2010 and got pregnant March 2011. Never had a period. We are still up in the air about birth control after this baby since it is number 3. I was thinking the shot.

jamiemh_720

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 05:50:30 pm »
I had mirena and had other issues with it so I had it switches to paragard which is almost the same just no hormones..I didn't get pregnant on it but once I got it taken out and a couple months later my hubby and I  found out we are expecting twins due in may. I definitely think it made me more fertile. As for getting prego with the iud that could be due to the placement..or it could have moved I think they are supposed to be checked every so often. Good luck!

shawnnaplus3

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 01:37:21 am »
^^^^^ inrefrence to what Yu sed I had paragod had it for almost a year too was checking my stings every thirty day n everything idk I guess Yu really can't Ness with gods plans LOL anyhow since then I used the Nuvea ring not as permenent but works just as well.

ksifo

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 11:07:01 pm »
Thank you everyone! I went to the Dr today and he said everything sounded and looked good. I go back for my sonogram January 5th! Now I'm just waiting for all my blood work results to come back. I hate waiting for those! It makes me so nervous!

Morristaylor91

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 03:26:18 pm »
Me too. I felt pregnant 2 weeks after my period, thought I was a little crazy but something in me made me take a test. I was even joking with hubby I was preg before I missed my period. Three tests were positive! Went to public health dep to have them confirm. Yep! They gave me July 12 2013 as my due date so I am 5 wk 5 days. I see the dr on the 26th to get a sono confirm date remove iud and all that, but I'm worried about miscarriage after they remove the paragard. I've had it in about ten months before I got preg btw. This is baby number 3 for me but my husband 3 daughters live with us too so this is going to be 6... Hope all goes well