Author Topic: 2cm at 25 weeks!!!!!!  (Read 468 times)

lilbit5390

2cm at 25 weeks!!!!!!
« on: November 14, 2012, 12:50:30 am »
I'm completely miserable, and scared. I went for a ultrasound earlier today and thw tech noticed my cervix looked open. She called the doctor in, and sure enough I was 2cm dilated! They immediately sent me to the hospital. I haven't had any contraptions, thank god. They gave me the steroid shot. So far I feel okay. I just wanna go home :(. His heart rate is good. My question is, have any of you ladies went through this? This is my first pregnancy, and I'm terrified. Thanks

ElizaCarlston

Re: 2cm at 25 weeks!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 12:54:52 am »
My mother went through that with me! You shouldn't be too worried. The steroid is supposed to stop labor from starting. I have a bad heart and my lungs aren't as strong as they should be but when I was born the doctor said that the steroid was probably not the cause of it but they couldn't say either way. And that was 21 years ago lol

Kt022713

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 12:58:29 am »
Did they give u the steriod shot for the babys lungs? If so its amazing how much that helps preemies be able to breathe. Relax tho stress wont help I kbow some women,start dialating early and still go full term. One of my friends had to have labor stopped a few times at 32 weeks and she just had to be induced bc she was 41 weeks and baby didnt wanna come out. Good luck!

Imagine Love

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 06:39:35 am »
I've never been through it, but try not to worry. It sounds like you're in great hands! Praying for you!

Birthspring

• Birthspring doula services
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 09:00:05 am »
Some women have a cervix that opens easily without labor, my mom was like that. They call it an incompetant cervix. I'm sorry, but glad you are already 25 weeks! My sister was only 22t weeks.

PamelaT

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 12:43:23 pm »
Take it easy! Lots of water, light duty if possible. Never went through that but it sounds scary. Good luck and i hope you carry full term! Kinda akward question but do you smoke?? If so please stop now!! I hope you dont but i was and still shocked by how many women still do despite pregnancy.

Haifever

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 01:13:53 pm »
It sounds like incompetent cervix.  If that is the case and you really were dilating, they should have either performed a cerclage right then or at least presented it to you as an option to keep the cervix closed and the pregnancy/baby safe.  I would definitely discuss this with your doctor the next chance you get