Author Topic: c section  (Read 469 times)

lovnmybbys

c section
« on: April 25, 2012, 02:25:55 pm »
I went to the doctor 2day, evrythngs great with my bby boy due n july. I asked my doctor whn can we schedule my csection 2 hav him, she says i can hav my csection arnd 39weeks. Only my bd wants me to try vaginal im to afraid i hav a small frame and ther r alot of risk nvolved bcuz my daughter was born csection, 7yrs ago. I think it wud just b easier to go with csection bcuz i knw wht to expect and eliminate sme of the risk with vaginal. Wht do u thnk?

Chacha07

Re: c section
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 04:17:32 pm »
Its your body and your the one who has to go thru the healing process, not him. I would do what feels comfortable to u! :) its understandable if hes worried for u. But I would just go over all the risks with him and let him know how u feel.

Mumofmandk

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 04:19:48 pm »
Do what you want cos it's your body and it's not ur first so u already know what to expect. Having a small frame might just leave in labor for hours and eventually a csec. Ur Dr already agreeing knows that, so keep explaining to ur bf. It's an assumption that we are all built to have babies naturally but it's not true. Without medical intervention some women and their babies won't survive. I'm one of those women that has to have csec for medical reasons. Sorry its long. Good luck :)
Mum of two princesses and a prince on the way.

#3pleasebeagirl

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 04:23:16 pm »
Explain to ur bd the risk of having a vbac. Like uterine rupture. Results in death of u or baby if they don't catch it in time. that's y I chose my csect last time.

Birthspring

• Birthspring doula services
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 04:39:23 pm »
The risk of uterine rupture with no induction for a vbac 7 years after the first is extremely small, less then the risks of cesarean. I also have several tiny friends who had big babies vaginally with no problem! If you want more info please feel free to email doula at birspring dot com.

Sarah, cesarean mom and vbac advocate.

#3pleasebeagirl

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 04:41:53 pm »
Oh lol I didn't know ur last was 7 years ago! Lol

lovnmybbys

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 09:57:07 pm »
Thanks 4 the comments ladies. Bt my doc told me im a good canidate 4 vaginal if i wantd to try bt im afraid, and with my 1st whn we tried vaginal heartbeat slowed it was an emergency csection, which made me more afraid. I just feel csection is my best option.

#3pleasebeagirl

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 10:27:01 pm »
That's y I chose my second csec. If ur uterus doesn't go through the contractions before being cut then a csec ain't painful! (I've had two. One emergency) just do what u feel like u need to. Mine failed because of potocin. (My 1st)

maymomof2

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 11:38:47 pm »
Its all up to you. Im opt for a second c-section. Im afraid something bad can go wrong with me or baby so for me its best to do it again. But its however your comfortable. Good Luck Though