Author Topic: 36wks n 4 days with Breathing Problems!  (Read 441 times)

cowboysgirl87

36wks n 4 days with Breathing Problems!
« on: December 01, 2013, 11:38:24 am »
For the last couple weeks every morning I wake up or if I even wake up for a nap I can't breath. I sit up and its like my lungs can't expand and I gasp for air. Its so miserable and I'm scared lil man isn't getting the oxygen he needs. It last bout like 20 mins or so and then I can breath fine. Anyone else experience this or shld I be worried?

Doritos2013

Re: 36wks n 4 days with Breathing Problems!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 11:42:02 am »
I don't believe this is normal but I can't remember if this happened when I was prego w my 1st LO I would call the nurses line or the ER and see if you should go in to have the baby checked better safe then sorry

cowboysgirl87

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 02:33:14 pm »
Yeah its been happening for Wks now and I never had this with my other 2 either. Hell half of the misery I have with this one I never had with my other 2. He's a lil meany! Glad I will be done after this lil man.

cowboysgirl87

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 02:34:46 pm »
His movements are still quite often and very strong. So seems he's okay. But just makes me nervous and curious if I'm not the only one who goes threw this

theepinguino

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 02:49:11 pm »
He could be in a position where he's putting pressure on your lungs. My little guy does that too but only to my right side. I even get a tingling numbing feeling.

ccls1+twins-on-theway

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 05:03:52 pm »
I was out of breath even lying down in bed in my last pregnancy. Maybe baby is encroaching on your lung volume more than the previous one?

dontknowwhatildomummy

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 05:12:12 pm »
I had breathing problems from week 28 and it kept getting worse I could just ve Sat there and suddenly be struggling to breath. Doctor took my blood and it turned out my iron levels were low so I've been on iron tablets now for a few weeks and it's definitely improved. Iron helps to carry oxygen round the body. Baby is taking it all from you leaving to with nothing for yourself. I was worried about baby not getting oxygen but doctor said he will be fine it's me that's getting the short straw.

happymommy26

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 06:38:31 pm »
You could have more amniotic fluid than usual. I would ask your doctor especially if u are measuring larger. I have that problem and breathing can be really difficult at times.

cowboysgirl87

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 06:34:40 pm »
I have a doc appt tomorrow I'm def gna be asking him. Thanks ladies