Author Topic: Am i wrong?  (Read 816 times)

Mrs.Robinson :)

Am i wrong?
« on: November 23, 2012, 01:58:06 pm »
Ok so my baby girl is two weeks and 3 days. I know just about every newborn likes being held. Its comforting while there figuring out this crazy world they've been brought into. And there also use to being held 24/7 in our bellies lol. Well anyways my mom said I'm spoiling her if I hold her too much. Like seriously? 1. Who doesn't want to hold their baby. 2. If she's crying and won't stop then if course I'm gonna console her. She's still so new to things. I just want to know if I'm wrong or not on this.

m2b2013

Re: Am i wrong?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 02:02:26 pm »
No you are not wrong! I know when my baby gets here I will be holding him all the time lol this is my first so I'm absolutely ok with spoiling him!

h31d1

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 02:07:56 pm »
You are not wrong we have had to wiwait 40 weeks to see our blessings I will be spoiling the poop out of my baby by holding her!!!! :)yyour the mamma so do what you feel is right

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 02:12:05 pm »
Lol thank you ladies! It just made me mad. She said that I should stop now because otherwise whoever watches her is gonna have to hold her alot. But she's a baby! She needs to be held! Lol

honeyb1+1

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 02:12:32 pm »
You can't spoil a baby...being held is what they are used to...it comforts them...as your baby gets older she will decide when she doesn't want go be held, but for now enjoy

h31d1

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 02:15:03 pm »
Can I ask you where you are from  Mrs. Robinson? Because we have the same last name haha

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 02:15:53 pm »
Thanks honeyb1+1. :) that's super reassuring. I didn't think a newborn would know the difference in being spoiled yet! Lol

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 02:17:35 pm »
Lol I live in Panama city FL. That's my fiancée last name though. Lol my real last name is Henson

honeyb1+1

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 02:19:19 pm »
No problem...my in laws use to tell me the same thing...but when my son started crawling and found his independence he didn't want to be held...now he is 3 and doesn't want any cuddle time with mommy...:(

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 02:22:49 pm »
Awe that's sad! See! We need to get all the cuddles we can before they don't want it anymore! I'm so glad I'm not alone on this. I just can't conceive the idea of leaving her alone screaming when all she wants is to be held.

Babyglecksmom

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 02:36:20 pm »
I held my son all the time until he was about 3-4m old he's 7m old now and he's crawling and walking all over, plays with his toys and can't be bothered, but I do get my snuggles in during his naps at least, point being everyone's got an opinion but you need to do what you want and don't worry baby will not be spoiled

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 03:00:08 pm »
:) thanks babyglecksmom! Wow?! 7 months already?! Omg! Lol crazy! And yes, I'm gonna hold my baby when I want to hold her! Forget everyone else! Lol there only this small once! How're y'all doing?

mommy88peach

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 04:48:53 pm »
I was so worried about this with my first. I had a lot of "mothers" telling me i was spoiling her, that she'd never want to walk cause i held her too much etc. My now 4 year old has no such issues. Never "over-held" her, and i don't remember any times where i could connect any of her behavior to me holding her "too much". So, as far as i can tell, hold your baby. And enjoy it while you can, mine barely stops long enough for a hug anymore. But I've got 10 days until our new bundle of joy is here! <3

Bigfatmoocat

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 04:57:29 pm »
I've held all three of my children whenever they have cried or even when they didn't I've even bought baby carriers so I can get on with chores none of them are over clingy or spoilt, I will do the same with this baby when she arrives. One thing I have noticed is that if one of my children gets upset they settle pretty quickly when they get a cuddle. Make the most of it while you can though as they grow up fast and then they think they don't need cuddles (but I'm 34 and don't think you can ever get enough cuddles lol)

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 06:24:16 pm »
Thank you ladies :). I love cuddling with her and laying her on my chest and her look up at me.  I don't just want to leave her lying around all the time! Lil

Birthspring

• Birthspring doula services
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2012, 08:58:19 pm »
No such thing....babies who.are properly.responded to learm to feel confident and trusting. a major complaint of my family members who called cps on me(namely my mom) was that I won't pick up my baby and just let him scream violently all the time. Please! My last little boy died during birth, I hardly put my son down!)

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2012, 10:24:08 pm »
Oh wow birthspring! I'm so sorry for your loss. That's terrible. And how rude of your family! Are they trying to get custody?

Danicasmommy

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2012, 11:09:10 pm »
I hold my lo somewhat. She loves her swing,bassnet, floor and her boppy so I usually try those things first if they dont work than I will cuddle with her. We normally have two times for cuddle time one mid day and one right before bed whike I read two books to her. she enjoys its and I love it too

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 12:42:50 am »
Awe that's cute! She sometimes likes her boppy and swing. Lol so it can be challenging. But don't you just love cuddle time? :)

mommieof2

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 05:15:00 am »
No its not wrong like the ladies said u cant spoil a newborn with my first baby i asked thedoctor that n she told me that thats the baby comfort is to be snuggled cause it brings them closer tothe heart beat and also when ur a breastfeeding mom u hold ur baby through out the day with feeding so i say cuddle cause they grow so fast im in love with my son he is 1week and  4days old n i cant put him down i love the cuddle time cause my daughter will be 1 on the 27th n she so idependent well she do like alot more attention because the baby here