Author Topic: Things start looking up, and everything just crashes down  (Read 784 times)

hsRoseTyler

Things start looking up, and everything just crashes down
« on: November 21, 2012, 01:06:30 pm »
Sort of just letting stuff out, I can't post this on Facebook.
My boyfriend and my two year old were finally getting along, singing ABC's and laughing and just being in a good mood. Walkin back from doing laundry I saw an envelope on my door. It was a ten day eviction notice. I had just come from the managers office and filled out recertification paperwork and they said NOTHING about me getting kicked out. They congratulated me on having my rent lowered and for being 40 weeks and good luck with the baby. Yes, 40 weeks 1 day and I'm being induced on Monday. I have nowhere to go and I can't pack up my entire apartment and care for a newborn over the course of 10 days. My eviction is due to having an "unauthorized dog" in my apartment still, even though I gave them papers from my therapist saying he's a service dog for my diagnosed chronic anxiety and chronic depression. I now have to get rid of my dog, leave my apartment and probably couch surf. I can't post on Facebook because my two y/o daughter's father and his family are trying to steal her and apply for custody. He never wanted her until he moved with his mom, he asked me to abort her when I told him I was pregnant. He also said he never wanted his mother to meet my daughter because she's bat crap crazy. Suddenly she's supposed to go hang out with them for a couple weeks and they need her medical records, hi there red flags! The people who think I am stupid are often unintelligent themselves. I can't really figure out how I'm supposed deal with EVERYTHING.

nicolepearson

Re: Things start looking up, and everything just crashes down
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 01:14:19 pm »
im sry hun, go to ut local welfare office and maybe they can help u. legal arent they suppose to give u atleast 30 days?

yamilet

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 01:14:59 pm »
If you have a service dog and have the paper work for him then im sure you can even end up sueing them! You should call a lawyerr about that asap!.

Mrs.Robinson :)

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 01:18:13 pm »
Omg! I am so so sorry this is all happening to you! :(  I wish I could say something to make you feel better. I wish you the best of luck with everything. Is there any family or friends that could help you?

Imagine Love

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 01:28:53 pm »
Ok...try not to panic. I'm a landlord who had to, unfortunately, evict a tenant because she committed a violent crime on the property. Even tho she was arrested twice, it still took 90 days to clear the paperwork for eviction. I'm only aware of the laws in my state, but I believe it's against the law to evict anyone in under 30 days. Please check into your state laws regarding notice and also the legality of a service dog. Any a-hole can be a landlord, but i'm a kind and fair person and I think you're getting royally screwed. Plus, please check into state aid to get you back on your feet. Good luck!

Imagine Love

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 01:36:17 pm »
Oops...I forgot about the father issue. Please be careful too because my sister's been battling her daughter's piece of crap, deadbeat dad's parents for 2 years now. They just want custody so that their son won't have to pay child support cuz he just fathered 2 more kids he doesn't acknowledge with 2 other women. :0p

4kidsandcounting

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 01:45:00 pm »
Yes contact a lawyer asap and 10 days? ! They've lost their minds, even ppl that dont pay their rent get 2 weeks! Praying for you hun.

magiwilliams

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 01:45:40 pm »
Yes check the law, they can't evict you with a30 day notice.. You can even call the local police and ask them the rules. And if they can kick you out even if you have paper work for service dog

hsRoseTyler

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 02:17:20 pm »
They say because it's a "repeat offense" they can evict with ten days notice, they've hassled me about the dog before and I gave ten the papers saying he's okay to be there. Her father is only trying to get her because he now lives with his mom because he's been couch surfing with friends and exhausted all his other options. He went to his mom's as a last resort and now she's being rude to me and saying he WILL see HIS daughter. I never said he couldn't, I WANTED him to see her. But he's been absent from her life for a year, that's HALF her life. She doesn't remember him and doesn't understand who he's supposed to be. A good friend is taking my dog, and I'm already getting state assistance, I just did my recertification for my apartment and starting January 1st I was going to be paying 60$ a month.

mrsgreene1725

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 02:30:11 pm »
It starts with a 3 day notice, then the landlord has to go file with the court (if you haven't left willingly) and a court date will be set and if you do have dated documents you can present them in court and the judge will deny the eviction because you have a medical need for that dog. If the judge grants the eviction he can give you anywhere from 10-90 days. I suggest you get the documents and a lawyer. I've seen them take atleast 90 days to be able to legally force someone out.

mommy2be217

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 07:31:24 pm »
Awh.:/ im sorry yur going threw a hard time!

JenFerrari

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 07:58:37 pm »
Where I live u can get a 72 hr eviction... It actually happened to me once before. Long story. Good luck on everything hun. I'll keep u in my thoughts!

hsRoseTyler

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 11:38:41 pm »
I spoke with corporate and they told me that if I put in a thirty day notice they would rescind the eviction and I would have thirty days to vacate, I just put in my thirty day and am going to be packing like crazy to get out in time. I'm going to clean before I move though, I'm too nice to do anything else.. Though my boyfriend isn't, he says he's going to "wolf bait" the complex (whatever that means)

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 10:57:33 am »
I'm so glad you got a little e travel time! :)

hsRoseTyler

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 01:07:02 pm »
I'm glad I have extra time to move and not have an eviction on my record ^_^ also very excited to be induced in 4 days

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 01:38:03 pm »
Lol I don't know why my phone put travel time. Lol I meant extra time :). But yes that is very nice. Extra time and a baby! :)

hsRoseTyler

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 02:34:03 pm »
I think I'm on facebook too often.. I keep trying to "like" replies...

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 02:43:20 pm »
Lol ^^thatsI funny!

jessicat

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 08:17:12 pm »
If you get rid of the dog go talk to management. I'm sure they will re consider and withdraw the eviction notice.

meganb

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2012, 01:45:30 am »
I also have a device dog and they can't legally evict you. It is discrimination. You need to request a hearing and contest the eviction.