Author Topic: maternity support belt?  (Read 429 times)

Babyglecksmom

maternity support belt?
« on: February 17, 2014, 03:50:22 am »
Anyone use them?  What is your review?  I have the belt type that goes around the lower abdomen I had at the end of my first pregnancy bc I carried low and had lots of pressure from 35w on but I'm 23w abd havehad pressure and pain in my pubic/pelvic area since 21w. I'm thinking about trying the belt that also attaches around the top of the stomach to offer even more support bc the belt one doesn't do anything.I plan ti talk to my dr next week at my appt bc it happens when I'm laying down and try to sit up I get pain.  Or when I'm sitting and try to stand I'll get pain.  It hurts to lift my legs towards my torso when it happens and takes about 10mins for me to stand up straight. Then it hurts while I walk but eventually fades out. I know it's only going to get worse and that scares me, I won't be able to move and ive still got a while :/

surpriseBaby#2

Re: maternity support belt?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 11:38:02 am »
Im 21 WEEKS and im actually using like the sweat belts for excersising cause the materninty belts are smaller and i dont think they'll offer as much support.. my dr said it was totally fine cause i was also having pain like that.. she said the pain was normal  and themore i progress the more often i might get them... byt it takes a lil less than 10 min for it to go away.. its like a major pinch on my lower pelvic area..those maternity waste bands also helped me in my first pregnancy bought at target.. That go under ur shirts and over ur pants.. it helped with the pants i couldnt button up anymore.  And helped support the bottom of my belly since i carried my son up higher:-)  hope  u find what suits u best and makes u comfortable!

Babyglecksmom

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 02:54:41 pm »
I've got both belly band and a suppprt belt I just think the over the belly as well as under will support more

Mom2B87

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 11:20:18 pm »
I used one that went over the belly and under. It worked great! I use it now if I'm having back pain. N congrats again @babyglecksmom!!

Babyglecksmom

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 01:37:20 am »
Happy to hear that bc I need something is too soon to not be able to move lol. Thanks mom2b :)