Author Topic: I have a few concerns  (Read 470 times)

scaredfuturemomma

I have a few concerns
« on: February 27, 2013, 09:53:46 am »
Hi, my name is Kanisha and I am 14w 3d and new here. I am a first time mom and i'm a little worried about a few things. I know it won't help to worry about what could go wrong in your pregnancy but I am worried about disorders or deformities or even things I could do wrong to hurt my baby our harm it. I'm a college student and live on campus with no car, so I don't really have the healthiest diet... And mainly because the bad stuff is the cheapest stuff. I feel like i'm driving myself crazy with worry and stress... How did any of you stop thinking about it?

mason + 1

Re: I have a few concerns
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 10:07:19 am »
Your a first time mom your gonna worry hell this is my second and I still worry only thing about eating crappy good is the weight gain I ate like crap with my first and he's just fine only thing I gained 75 pounds with this one I eat right I haven't gained any weight BC I lost so much in the beginning but babygirl weighs almost 3 pounds and I'm not even 30 weeks just make sure you get your prenatal care walk alot and drink Lots of water go!

4kidsandcounting

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 10:13:39 am »
You will have that worry up until the baby comes out. I have 5 kids and with each pregnancy I worried about the same thing!  As far as your eating habits I eat like a little kid with no adult to tell me what to eat! Lol.. All my babies came out healthy! Of course squeeze in some fruits and veggies but as long as you eat baby is good. You should google what foods you cant eat like types of fish or teas you cant drink. Well congrats and welcome! :) Any questions you might have feel free to ask!  Theres alot of smart mommys on here!

scaredfuturemomma

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 10:18:17 am »
Thanks you guys! My doctor always stresses how I need to eat healthy so its nice to know I don't need to worry about that and its good to know i'm normal with these worries. I thought I was being dramatic, lol, but thanks you guys really helped :)

Baby12012

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 05:32:14 pm »
I'm 71/2 months ftm, the worries nvr go away n its cs we love them n care so much already.... although u eat college food, try throwing a some leffy greens n fruits.. I'm dying for a cheeseburger so ur fine...lol

blink

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 11:39:53 pm »
While good foods and so much water you think your eyeballs are going to float away are best,
Not stressing, and getting the on campus student health clinic to prescribe you the free prenatal vitamins will help get you both the extra iron, calcium, potassium, and folic acid you need. I like the free part, ask them about it.