Author Topic: please help, im worried  (Read 527 times)

frios

please help, im worried
« on: February 27, 2013, 12:15:52 am »
My baby is 25 days old, at first I was ecstatic, happy, thankful and all the other feelings that come with being a new mommy.  Now when I'm not spending time at my mom's, I'm @ home sleeping on the couch while bd takes care of him in our room.  I've been crying for days and bd says that I keep picking fights. 
It's only fair that I mention I'm completely overwhelmed, we have no money for rent, my mom keeps giving us food, not to mention buying my son's diapers and formula. I'm not sure why I'm getting this way.  I'm not mad at my baby or flustered with him, so why is it the moment I get home I stay away from him?  Is this normal? My man and I are fighting a lot, about everything.  Is this ppd or am I just overreacting to being tired and stressed? 
I should mention that I'm also not eating, I'm never hungry so I'll eat maybe once a day. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:38:38 am by frios »

mrsbeautifulfee

Re: please help, im worried
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 12:49:29 am »
Could be both...you should ask your doctor for a referral to a therapist, seeing a therapist didn't mean that you're crazy btw! But i promise it will help!

meganb

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 01:15:01 am »
It sounds like.ppd and see if.u can get state assistance. They will help with some cash and food and possibly help with rent. talk to ur Dr about ppd. Also, u need to make sure you're sleeping enough and u need to make urself.eat even if its small meals or just a pb&j. Not eating and not sleeping enough can add to ppd. Good luck hun and just know that there is help out there. God bless

Birthspring

• Birthspring doula services
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 08:27:40 am »
Hugs, I agree with the others, hope it gets better!

FTmomma;

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 08:34:29 am »
Sounds like you need to give your doctor a call! Hope everything goes well. Hugs, momma!

JasDashBaby#2

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 08:55:43 am »
Try to contact WIC to provide the baby's formula! Yes state assistance is a very big help especially taking care of a new born at home! Ive never had ppd....but I have had depression and goimg through whatbyour going through I would be also! Also your baby will make you smile at times. I have a feeling youll be okay....just pray and have faith!

missprego

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 11:56:42 pm »
Its better to.talk.to ur doc.now then let anything get worse! it could be ppd. Hope things get better with ur family! :)

blink

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 12:08:31 am »
Baby changes your life more than college, more than marriage, more than buying a house. Overwhelmed is easy to get when you do have rent ...at least you have mom and bd chipping in to let you try to get some sleep. Life is going to stay different but it won't always be hard.
good luck hope you feel better soon!