Author Topic: New single mom carrying twins....What are your thoughts  (Read 2915 times)

knschenck

New single mom carrying twins....What are your thoughts
« on: February 23, 2013, 09:39:04 am »
Looks like im going to do this parenting thing alone. Im a 1st time mom carrying twins. Im 8w4d and I have a couple of questions. I live in a major city and rely heavily on public transportation and im worried I won't b able 2 handle it anyone out there have the same experience? And anyone give vaginal birth 2 twins? Im really scared 2 have a c-section. Please give me some advice.

mssclassy

Re: New single mom carrying twins....What are your thoughts
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 07:19:37 am »
I'm also pregnant with twins, we definitely need to chat about our experience this far!!!

multiples???

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 02:43:39 pm »
I was also terrified about a c section but it was best to do it. Baby a was head down and baby b transverse. they were going to try to turn baby be in the head down position. But the doctor told me last minute that she was doing a csection instead. It was a blessing in disguise though cause baby b had the cord wrapped around him three times and he wouldnt have survived a vaginal delivery. I have a double snap and go stroller that i love!! Good luck they sure are fun i have a 13 yr old 6yr old and  6 month old b/b twins

stefchica

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 10:22:12 pm »
Carriers are your friend. Having infant seats with twins is great, I had a double snap n go in the beginning. I also wore one and carried the other in its seat. There are some wraps that can fit both babies if you want to try that. I have a combi twin sport that is great but not sure of the minimum weight for it. You can deliver vaginally if both are head down, some drs with turn one if needed but you will deliver in the OR no matter what. Check with your Dr on what they do. I had a c section because both were breech but recovery was easy. I only went out when I had to otherwise, my mom helped or the husband so if you can,have help lined up before.

twins241

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 01:35:51 pm »
Im 15 wks unexpectedly pregnant and with twins i have atoddler and in a very complicated separated relationship with the father of all I've just been put on bed rest for the duration of my pregnancy and had to quit my job i have complete placenta previa and will have have c section if it doesn't correct itself I'm so concerned about bleeding out before givoing birth. So fat this pregnancy had been painful and uncomfortable but the babies are healthy :)

Tooba

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 03:28:50 pm »
Hello all

Philliptop

-
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2021, 02:18:24 pm »
I always try and make a good first impression, no matter who it is and normally feel I do.  My first thoughts though are to try and remember their name because I am bad with remembering names.